U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-07-2017, 02:49 PM
 
44,582 posts, read 43,115,486 times
Reputation: 14381

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I think you answered your question.
The busing crisis is what made Boston famous for its racism, along with Tom Yawkey's Red Sox. My question was this: Why Boston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2017, 03:25 PM
 
Location: (six-cent-dix-sept)
3,971 posts, read 1,940,197 times
Reputation: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
re

If A wants to increase in B's area. But B has a variable that restricts A. A will decrease in B's area, not increase.

Variable = suppose racism.


The minority population in Massachusetts has Increased in the communities that are the least racist. Same physical law of electricity flow applies. Boston,Brockton,Lawrence,etc., are the least racist communities in Massachusetts
caucasion-flite during the cocaine epidemic. many minorities dont have the socio-economics to move to andover so they are trapped in ghettoized cities: the d-r-m.

e.g.- redlining
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 03:47 PM
 
Location: SC
8,382 posts, read 5,027,225 times
Reputation: 12029
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Boston is a very very strange place when it comes to race relations and race relations with Black Athletes.

They did this to Jones, but what color was David Ortiz (who's probably their most popular modern jock after Brady)?

The Red Sox were the last team to integrate and Bill Russell loved his team but hated living there since the racism was so bad.

However the Bruins had the first NHL Black Player who, while he had a very short stay, never had a racial problem with their fans in Boston.

Sounds Bipolar ��
I never look at the acceptance or non-acceptance of an athlete who helps a team win as a barometer of how the people of the same town feel about regular people of that player's race. The people who would spit on a "regular" person would kiss the feet or a athletic star because he is "one of the good ones."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 04:05 PM
 
32,722 posts, read 22,676,881 times
Reputation: 29777
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
re

If A wants to increase in B's area. But B has a variable that restricts A. A will decrease in B's area, not increase.

Variable = suppose racism.


The minority population in Massachusetts has Increased in the communities that are the least racist. Same physical law of electricity flow applies. Boston,Brockton,Lawrence,etc., are the least racist communities in Massachusetts

This makes not one tiny bit of sense and assumes many "facts" that are apparently pulled out of thin air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Wellesley,Weston,Lincoln,Concord,Waylaid Predominately White
Boston, Predominately Minority.


WHO looks at the above and concludes BOSTON is the racist community.
Predominance of race has nothing at all to do with racism levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 04:11 PM
 
Location: (six-cent-dix-sept)
3,971 posts, read 1,940,197 times
Reputation: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I never look at the acceptance or non-acceptance of an athlete who helps a team win as a barometer of how the people of the same town feel about regular people of that player's race. The people who would spit on a "regular" person would kiss the feet or a athletic star because he is "one of the good ones."
emporors would respect gladiators; until they were bored with them. then it would be thumbs-down and fed to the lions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 04:24 PM
 
44,582 posts, read 43,115,486 times
Reputation: 14381
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This makes not one tiny bit of sense and assumes many "facts" that are apparently pulled out of thin air.



Predominance of race has nothing at all to do with racism levels.
True. Mississippi has alot of predominantly Black areas. Does that mean racism has gone away from Mississippi? No. Same can be said of Miami. Majority-minority city, and yet, racism exists there too. You even have ethnic groups of the same race not getting along: American blacks, Haitians clash at politcal forum | South Florida Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Boston, MA
7,856 posts, read 6,812,290 times
Reputation: 6573
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The busing crisis is what made Boston famous for its racism, along with Tom Yawkey's Red Sox. My question was this: Why Boston?
Where there's smoke there's fire perhaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 06:10 PM
 
44,582 posts, read 43,115,486 times
Reputation: 14381
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Where there's smoke there's fire perhaps.
What smoke in this case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 06:12 PM
 
Location: No
467 posts, read 228,676 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Save you some time. I mean racist headlines pop up every other day about BOSTON IN BOSTON..

. . .

Robert Kraft supporting Trump

. . .

The list goes on and on... but don't worry black ppl are liars and are making up crazy stories.
That's racist?

You probably wonder why people don't listen to you even when you post something that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2017, 06:09 AM
 
44,582 posts, read 43,115,486 times
Reputation: 14381
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
emporors would respect gladiators; until they were bored with them. then it would be thumbs-down and fed to the lions.
Same goes for Hollywood actors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top