U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 05:05 PM

5,292 posts, read 5,290,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Blacks are keeping the race issue alive and well." Please, help me understand this?
I wouldn't even try to counter such triteness with a response . There is nothing to understand, other the fact that racism/white supremacy still exist. It's structure and virus works through people of color, who are mainly used as buffers, hoes of oppression in maintaing this wretched system.

Easy answer: Blacks are keeping the race issue alive and well, due to the fact that white supremacist hegemony and institutional racism still exist inside the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
I have one question; Are you serious??!!! "Blacks are keeping the race issue alive and well." Please, help me understand this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 09:51 PM

44,679 posts, read 43,226,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
I wouldn't even try to counter such triteness with a response . There is nothing to understand, other the fact that racism/white supremacy still exist. It's structure and virus works through people of color, who are mainly used as buffers, hoes of oppression in maintaing this wretched system.

Easy answer: Blacks are keeping the race issue alive and well, due to the fact that white supremacist hegemony and institutional racism still exist inside the United States.
It is similar to how some people keep talking about Black people in general. There are those who feel that Blacks are a problem in America. Many Blacks have to deal with being looked down on.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:11 PM
miu

16,521 posts, read 33,494,929 times
Quote:
I have one question; Are you serious??!!! "Blacks are keeping the race issue alive and well." Please, help me understand this?
I am very serious about this. The blacks I work with are some of the most racist/race aware people I know. The use the race card every chance they get. No other racial group at work does this. And periodically the slacker black workers will us slave ancestry as an excuse for not working, that because their ancestors weren't paid, they should get a free ride now. It's really wrong and annoying to the rest of us. Anyway, blacks at work are the ones bringing up race, not the rest of us.

Then my example about the bi-racial wedding. There was no need to mention the Loving vs Virginia case, but a black groomsman referenced it in his toast. Blacks keeping the race issue alive.

Old 05-29-2017, 11:41 PM

3,283 posts, read 4,436,361 times
Quote:

This^^^^^! miu, how can we really have this discussion when you totally ignore history. Without an understanding of American history (in this particular area) it will be tough to reconcile.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:10 AM

422 posts, read 176,339 times
Quote:
Honestly, I think, you need to stay clear of such volatile and ultra-sensitive topic such as race, Black Lives Matter or whatever. You're going down Alice's proverbial rabbitt hole in discussing this.

I think you should actually read,comprehend and think about what it is I wrote.I said there is blame on "both sides " for keeping racism alive and used examples.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:05 AM
miu

16,521 posts, read 33,494,929 times
Quote:
This^^^^^! miu, how can we really have this discussion when you totally ignore history. Without an understanding of American history (in this particular area) it will be tough to reconcile.
No. It's the rest of you ignoring the entire history of mankind. Stop thinking that blacks are the only victims of slavery. All of you only focus on the history of the last 500 years.

Another example is the Black Lives Matter movement. More focus on only black Americans. Instead, it should always be ALL Live Matter. Stop wallowing in black victimhood and instead take responsibility for your current situation. No one cares about the past, only you (blacks) do. Just move forward and be as great as you can be and stop expecting apologies handouts/reparations from the rest of us.

And you wouldn't need affirmative action if you'd only stand on your own feet and the black parents be better parents to their children. I did well in school because my parents instilled in me the value of a good education. It's not the school system or teachers' job to instill that belief in their students. And having a solid education should not be expected to guarantee a good career... it's about making a whole thinking human being. And it is also on the parents to instill in their children a good work ethic and moral character. No one wants to hire an employee with a poor work ethic and bad attitude.

Another important lesson that my mother taught me was the importance of speaking proper English. Slang is for between friends and maybe family. However, knowing how to speak proper English (no ebonics) is another way to great job or good career. No one wants to hear "ask" pronounced as "axe", etc... But that is also on parents to teach their children how to speak properly and also good etiquette for work/business situations. Remember the storyline of the musical My Fair Lady and of the character Eliza Doolittle.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:45 AM

1,174 posts, read 872,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
The perception is that black athletes are never embraced as much as their white equivalent, no matter how hard they try. Bill Russell was slighted in many ways that Larry Bird was not despite Russell's unparalleled levels of success.

There's also an element of hypocrisy when a Bostonian looks down on the Bubba's in Mississippi, but then adopts many of the same exclusionary traits of that culture. This isn't my personal opinion but it's a feeling that many have.
I saw a "meet Bran Scalabrine!!!" ad in the metro...A white bum who never contributed anything and last played for us ten years ago. I also see lots of Olynyk gear calling him the new king. When he is probably only the 3rd or 4th best player on the team.

Boston does not embrace black athletes in nearly the same fashion as they do white athletes, if you think so your probably only thinking of Big Papi.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:23 AM

422 posts, read 176,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I saw a "meet Bran Scalabrine!!!" ad in the metro...A white bum who never contributed anything and last played for us ten years ago. I also see lots of Olynyk gear calling him the new king. When he is probably only the 3rd or 4th best player on the team.

Boston does not embrace black athletes in nearly the same fashion as they do white athletes, if you think so your probably only thinking of Big Papi.
You know who Bill Russel was ? Andre Tippet?Robert Parish?

Boston Celtics Made NBA History By Starting 5 Black Players in 1964-65

Old 05-30-2017, 10:20 AM

1,174 posts, read 872,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
You know who Bill Russel was ? Andre Tippet?Robert Parish?

Boston Celtics Made NBA History By Starting 5 Black Players in 1964-65
Bill Russel was harassed an harangued and called it a flea market of racism. Larry Bird get a stature in front of the garden and Bill Russel is literally on the least traversed side of city hall, like he didnt bring 11 championships here. If he were embraced he would be a fixture in this citys civic life. Instead he rarely ever visits.

Robert Parish and Andre Tippet? Are you serious?? Hahahhaa white Bostonians delusional about this city at times.

You also did not dress anything i said about Scal which was super relevant (unlike Tippet).

Old 05-30-2017, 11:23 AM

32,836 posts, read 22,780,939 times
I'm a huge fan of Robert Parish. Too bad he mishandled his post NBA career. It's a damn shame that the NCAA hasn't reversed themselves on those Centenary records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or