U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 06:45 AM

1,068 posts, read 432,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
He was charged with attempted murder and was convicted of assault when he was 16 after beating 2 Vietnamese men with a baseball bat while shouting "Vietnam F***ing Sh**" and telling police "You don't have to let him identify me, I'll tell you now that's the motherf***er who's head I split open."
Yeah but, didn't he save everyones life at the Marathon? Doesn't he get a pardon for that?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 07:25 AM

8,641 posts, read 8,775,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
In general white people here will say it's sensationalist and outdated.

Black people will say it's pretty racist but prolly overblown. More racist than most big cities.

Save you some time. I mean racist headlines pop up every other day about BOSTON IN BOSTON..

Pushing out Motley
Pushing out Felix Areoyo
64% of stop and frisk from 2007-2011 were of blacks although were 24% of the population
Mass State Police Scandals
Robert Kraft supporting Trump
Largely ignored shootings/stabbing a/gang warfare in black neighborhoods
Very high Latino poverty rate
Yawkey Way being a thing
Extremely segregated white and black neighborhoods (although there are a good number of diverse neighborhoods now-they usually are my black/white)
Never had a minority mayor
Number one for inequality
Low opportunity metro for blacks and Hispanics
Massive wealth disparities
Real estate discrimination
Charles Stewart
Mark Wahlberg
The Monday's insult
Joel Ward
PK Subban
Fair mount Line never being turned into a subway line
Bussing
Michael cox, a black officer beaten by white Boston officers
No black movies set in Boston or New England in general
Most black people memories of when the visited/lived here

The list goes on and on... but don't worry black ppl are liars and are making up crazy stories.
In defense of "pushing out black Athletes" I think is more a general can't handle the pressure of the Boston scene thing, after all look at Rick Pitino, he cracked in a second.

Also I don't think it's more racist than most cities. Charles Stewart was the last big racists incident in Boston on (of serious consequence) I can't name a city that hasn't had some racial incident since then. NYC, Chicago, St Lois, Baltimore, Cincinnati, LA, etc have all had major events since then.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:06 AM

5,292 posts, read 5,274,340 times
I'm from Baltimore and we do have our own set of racial problems, agitators and collaborators. But, it seems that Boston is historically nefarious for its racist nature more than any other city I've encountered.

I remember hearing a friend of mine from Dorchester who once stated, "In South Boston (Southies) don't like f*&&n anybody: Blacks, Puerto Ricans, Italians and even other whites who are not from South Boston!!! It's been like that since I was a kids and it remains so to this very day!" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
In defense of "pushing out black Athletes" I think is more a general can't handle the pressure of the Boston scene thing, after all look at Rick Pitino, he cracked in a second.

Also I don't think it's more racist than most cities. Charles Stewart was the last big racists incident in Boston on (of serious consequence) I can't name a city that hasn't had some racial incident since then. NYC, Chicago, St Lois, Baltimore, Cincinnati, LA, etc have all had major events since then.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:11 AM

What?!! Are you serious?!! I never knew about this incident

Is The Walhburgers burger spot nice place to eat?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
He was charged with attempted murder and was convicted of assault when he was 16 after beating 2 Vietnamese men with a baseball bat while shouting "Vietnam F***ing Sh**" and telling police "You don't have to let him identify me, I'll tell you now that's the motherf***er who's head I split open."

Old 05-03-2017, 08:13 AM

Patriot Day was a good film! Lol. I actually enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Yeah but, didn't he save everyones life at the Marathon? Doesn't he get a pardon for that?

Old 05-03-2017, 08:20 AM

Has anyone seen this opinion yet?

Stop pretending Boston is something it’s not!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...tAM/story.html

Old 05-03-2017, 08:37 AM

466 posts, read 345,206 times
I would venture to guess that this reputation goes back to the bussing days. Boston made national headlines for this in the 70s and the reputation never went away.
In addition, Mass. is very racially and economically segregated. It is slowly improving, but the pace is much slower than other areas of the country. This segregation does nothing to help people understand others who are different from them and can insulate those individuals who foster ignorant beliefs.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:45 AM

1,109 posts, read 853,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Patriot Day was a good film! Lol. I actually enjoyed it.
Racist Movie
NAACP, Police Association Blast 'Patriots Day' Movie for Failing to Recognize Slain Black Officer - Atlanta Black Star

https://mic.com/articles/165539/naac...cer#.12CBEU2bX

They left out the Black officer that lost his life, even from the ROLLING CREDITS. EVEN THOUGH HIS FAMILY ASKED THAT HE BE IN IT.

Again, racist culture.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:48 AM

1,109 posts, read 853,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alidmc View Post
I would venture to guess that this reputation goes back to the bussing days. Boston made national headlines for this in the 70s and the reputation never went away.
In addition, Mass. is very racially and economically segregated. It is slowly improving, but the pace is much slower than other areas of the country. This segregation does nothing to help people understand others who are different from them and can insulate those individuals who foster ignorant beliefs.
Mass is becoming more segregated economically and racially.

https://www.civilrightsproject.ucla....-massachusetts

https://repository.library.northeast...eam_id=content

http://www.metro.us/boston/boston-st...--Nzwz38wBILva

Old 05-03-2017, 09:01 AM

4,066 posts, read 2,055,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alidmc View Post
You beat me to it. I grew up in the Boston area and the first thing that comes to mind when the words "Boston" and "racism" are said together is the UGLY attitudes and violence that arose when busing started. Front page headlines and photos of the ugliness, over and over again over the days, weeks, months, years. Reporters at the Globe from those days probably have them etched into their mind's eye forever.

It made me ashamed then, and it shouldn't be buried under piles of feel-good stories, because the potential for that kind of ugliness lies oh, so barely under the veneer of civility. Mob mentality and Us vs Them attitudes are dormant in so many people, in so many places, involving all shades of color, income, religion, political preferences, and more classifications that separate humans. Sometimes the divisions are not even true--they might be nothing more than assumptions made about an unfamiliar person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or