U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-18-2017, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
3,927 posts, read 2,337,438 times
Reputation: 2714

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
If that's not liberal, then I don't know what is. Remember liberalism does not = socialism.

No I'm talking people who are "anti-corporation". Like, "the big guy is out to screw us (regardless)" kind of stuff. People who are against any higher personal income taxes, but would be in favor of taxing corporations to oblivion. They don't draw the connection that in the end, Exxon Mobil and Microsoft are paying their MBTA janitor salaries. This sort of attitude (along with the racism) seems more prevalent on people late 40s +.
Republicans are much better at racism than democrats. Not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2017, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
3,927 posts, read 2,337,438 times
Reputation: 2714
I'm an Asian guy. I've experienced as much racism from blacks and Hispanics as I did from whites. Nobody is innocent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2017, 04:31 AM
 
Location: Boston
5 posts, read 5,774 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
We need to talk! I graduated from Joppatowne High School (Harford Co) class of 1987. When you say rural, like Churchville or Fallston, MD rural? Harford County is quickly becoming developed.

Maryland is an interesting place! I'd like to speak to you about your time in the state?
Ha! I graduated from Fallston in '87! Sure, PM me anytime. I'm new on this forum but I imagine you get an email notification when you receive a PM, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2017, 05:09 AM
 
5,292 posts, read 5,274,340 times
Reputation: 1100
Wow! That's madness! You were an equal opportunity recipient and that is really quite unfortunate and very sad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I'm an Asian guy. I've experienced as much racism from blacks and Hispanics as I did from whites. Nobody is innocent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2017, 06:44 AM
 
Location: Clemson, SC by way of Tyler,TX
3,927 posts, read 2,337,438 times
Reputation: 2714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Wow! That's madness! You were an equal opportunity recipient and that is really quite unfortunate and very sad.
Hey, Asians get it from all sides, and tbh, I've even gotten it from an Asian or two, LMAO. But the reason we're not ostracized is because we do well in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2017, 11:07 PM
 
6,978 posts, read 6,696,703 times
Reputation: 4676
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaylord_focker View Post
republicans are much better at racism than democrats. Not even close.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2017, 09:14 PM
 
233 posts, read 291,765 times
Reputation: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
No pardon was ever given and Wahlberg now regrets having asked for it as it dragged up stories from his past that not everyone knew about.
Quoting a news article entitled "Mark Wahlberg, Penance and Pardons"
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/18/o...s.html?mcubz=1


Wahlberg's motivation for the pardon might just be for expansion of Wahlburgers. It can be difficult
to get the licenses if one has a felony conviction.

Quoting the article....

But he can afford that in a way that very few ex-cons can. And, oddly, one of many reasons Wahlberg cited for wanting a pardon has to do with money. He and his brothers are expanding their chain of Wahlburgers restaurants, and licensing in some states is complicated by his record of a felony conviction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2017, 04:59 PM
 
148 posts, read 176,978 times
Reputation: 348
I hope not.

I've been looking into Boston very heavily the last few weeks, and now with the Kyrie Irving trade nearing completion, its almost a given(Huge bball/Irving fan).

Hey, I don't expect everybody in the world to like me. Some people can't see past things like race, gender, social class,etc. Cool. Just don't be such a huge about it.

I'm a cool guy. I work hard, and tend to my business.

If that is not good enough, then I'm not the problem.

Also, maybe I'm being optimistic 'cause I really want to move to Boston, but I don't think you can stereotype a major metropolitan area.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-23-2017 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2017, 05:35 PM
 
Location: South Austin, 78745
2,563 posts, read 1,732,132 times
Reputation: 4344
There's a reason why the Boston Celtics were known consistently for years and years as the whitest team in the NBA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2017, 05:55 PM
 
340 posts, read 167,954 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
There's a reason why the Boston Celtics were known consistently for years and years as the whitest team in the NBA.
LMAO, have you seen the current Celtics roster? Sure looks like the whitest team to me.....

Sure go ahead and bring up some obscure point that will back up your argument, while conveniently ignoring that things are not that way today. Liberals are just like that ex that brings up that stupid thing you did that one time in every fight even though you've never repeated your mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top