Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 07:47 AM

546 posts, read 1,369,363 times

Advertisements

This Bostonian loves New York City as well as our sports rivalry. We give each other a reason to wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 07:48 AM

546 posts, read 1,369,363 times
We are also better looking than New Yorkers

Old 06-02-2017, 08:02 AM

23,114 posts, read 18,265,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Defense won that first one.
This past season was horrible for Manning, all they HAD was defense.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:42 PM

421 posts, read 285,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nope, guess you don't know football. His team won, doesn't mean he was better. Not at all. QBs don't play against each other anyway.

No one in Boston cares about Eli. They probably care about Tyree more, he actually made a play to win. Eli is a half step above a mediocre QB.
Eli was the MVP.You can make up all the excuse's you want but it was a BIG 18 wins and ONE GIANT LOSS!

Old 06-02-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Nope, guess you don't know football. His team won, doesn't mean he was better. Not at all. QBs don't play against each other anyway.

No one in Boston cares about Eli. They probably care about Tyree more, he actually made a play to win. Eli is a half step above a mediocre QB.

Not in those two games .....Eli was better when it counted.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:47 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,743,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
Eli was the MVP.You can make up all the excuse's you want but it was a BIG 18 wins and ONE GIANT LOSS!

So what, he was the MVP, how often does the most valuable player actually win the MVP? Almost never.

I haven't made any excuses as all. Giants won. So what. No one cares about Eli Manning here. This is just part of NY's inferiority complex.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:09 PM

24,510 posts, read 18,002,417 times
Until recently, Boston was always a 2nd tier and very provincial city. A pretty good symphony but New York has always blown it out of the water with the arts. The food scene in Boston 30 years ago was awful where New York was world class in pretty much any cuisine. Boston has improved. Boston has always had Harvard, MIT, and Mass General as their core competence. That spawned a vibrant high tech industry and later a vibrant biotech industry. Boston is now more world class. Just look at nonstop flights to Asia. New York and DC have them. Boston is the only other east coast city with those flights. It's now one of the most educated places on the planet and one of the most prosperous. It still doesn't have the scale of NYC and it certainly doesn't have the financial center of NY or the government center of DC but it's nudged into the top-25 somewhere.

I'm a lifetime Sox/Patriots/Celtics fan. I was at the last regular season Sox game in 1967 when they clinched the pennant. I've seen a Pats game in Fenway and sat in the bleachers in Schaffer Stadium. Like anyone else, I can do a Johnny Most imitation. The Sox/Yankees rivalry isn't the chip on the shoulder thing of the Bucky F'in Dent era. The Red Sox are now the Evil Empire, Junior with the big payroll and with suits and pink hats in the stands. The Patriots are now so good that I feel like one of those awful Lawrence Taylor-era Giants fans.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:10 PM

2,439 posts, read 4,803,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Until recently, Boston was always a 2nd tier and very provincial city. A pretty good symphony but New York has always blown it out of the water with the arts.
BSO has always been among the US 'Big Five' symphony orchestras and in many estimations ranked higher than New York's Philharmonic especially during the leadership of Serge Koussevitsky. Boston put all its musical eggs into the orchestra basket whereas New York diversified with opera and ballet. And, as we never tire of hearing, Boston was the cultural center down through the middle nineteenth century so it can't be said that it was "always a 2nd tier and very provincial city." Maybe in our lifetimes but not always. In some ways 30-50 years ago Boston was stronger in high culture; it still had the Atlantic Monthly, its publishing houses were more definitely Boston based, Sarah Caldwell's opera company drew national reviews, the Boston tryout was important for major plays and musicals (which filled the Colonial, Wilbur and Schubert), it was home to literary figures like like Plath, Lowell and Sexton...

Old 06-02-2017, 06:22 PM

2,621 posts, read 4,020,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
First, what you said makes no sense.Second, it still makes no sense.
Only playing well against one team instead of many others... .

(Believe me, I get it Archie, you want to stick up for your youngest son. But he needs fight his own battles. After all, Peyton won two championships with two teams. But you knew that already.)

Old 06-02-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
So what, he was the MVP, how often does the most valuable player actually win the MVP? Almost never.

I haven't made any excuses as all. Giants won. So what. No one cares about Eli Manning here. This is just part of NY's inferiority complex.

Again incorrect .See you're the one moaning and crying ,I know that when our two teams have met in the World Championship against each other ,the Giants and Eli have come out the better team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston