U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 09:50 AM

32,716 posts, read 22,656,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Call us what you want, our property values keep doubling, and we're laughing all the way to the bank. $$$$

The people he's referencing are gone and their offspring long priced out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 09:58 AM

6,977 posts, read 6,693,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The people he's referencing are gone and their offspring long priced out.
No there are a few left in the projects and some isolated locations in areas like D St. People like this have existed in all white working-class-neighborhoods throughout the northeast. And Roxbury has had plenty of racism toward whites.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
No there are a few left in the projects and some isolated locations in areas like D St. People like this have existed in all white working-class-neighborhoods throughout the northeast. And Roxbury has had plenty of racism toward whites.

Yeah, and there are a few left in Somerville too. It's not significant. Exceptions can always be found, they're not worth mentioning.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:57 PM

114 posts, read 64,669 times
Funny on these Boston threads, how furiously unaccomodating the haves can be, toward the have nots. It is, biblically speaking; sparklingly clear.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:59 PM

115 posts, read 38,417 times
Default South Boston "Cull-Cha"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
*I'm focused, because I'm not from south Boston, but from West Baltimore (The Wire)! I'm trying to get a feel and fact on what's happening in some of these famous urban neighborhoods.

An honest question. What is Southie culture per se?

Here's a sweet taste for you (Pah-din their French):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQoTlVgmPK8

Old 07-15-2017, 10:49 AM

13,758 posts, read 4,072,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, and there are a few left in Somerville too. It's not significant. Exceptions can always be found, they're not worth mentioning.

LOL, you admit I am right but since it proves you incorrect then it's not worth mentioning.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:52 AM

13,758 posts, read 4,072,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Speaking in behalf of the generation of African Americans before me:

Southie=Insecure, Corny, Uneducated, untalented, poor white folk. Roxbury culture >>>Southie culture.

Blah blah religion blah blah Ireland, blah blah honor, blah blah neighborhood schools. Whatever. Every moment I spend in Southie I still can't wait to get out knowing the past as a racist cesspool and it's present as a characterless, homogenous gentrified latte-land with a few black and brown folks regulated to public housing. Southie pride, oh please.

I'd rather spend all my days on Humboldt Ave. Where actual Bostonians live, and don't discrimnate based off of color (or at least don't hilurk epithets and rocks, and scribble graffiti aimed at people who don't look like them).
I can't deny any of what you say but I will say that when they had jobs they were some of the hardest working people around.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, you admit I am right but since it proves you incorrect then it's not worth mentioning.
I didn't admit you're right. Saying "those people are long gone" doesn't mean every single one of them, it means that they don't heavily influence the community culture. They aren't the core, they're gone. Buy a clue, if you can afford one.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:28 AM

373 posts, read 485,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
You sound like you got your info from a movie.I got mine by being in Southie in the 70's,we aren't talking about Detroit or Buffalo or Chicago we are talking South Boston.
Obviously you have not been outside of the pub. Part of the Mass problem is that you only stay in Mass until Florida season.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:49 AM

3,268 posts, read 2,193,284 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Speaking in behalf of the generation of African Americans before me:

Southie=Insecure, Corny, Uneducated, untalented, poor white folk. Roxbury culture >>>Southie culture.

Blah blah religion blah blah Ireland, blah blah honor, blah blah neighborhood schools. Whatever. Every moment I spend in Southie I still can't wait to get out knowing the past as a racist cesspool and it's present as a characterless, homogenous gentrified latte-land with a few black and brown folks regulated to public housing. Southie pride, oh please.

I'd rather spend all my days on Humboldt Ave. Where actual Bostonians live, and don't discrimnate based off of color (or at least don't hilurk epithets and rocks, and scribble graffiti aimed at people who don't look like them).
Are you kidding me? This is just wrong and racist on so many levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or