U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-26-2017, 06:46 AM
 
3,268 posts, read 2,198,510 times
Reputation: 2682

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Theres plenty of people willing to rent. Maybe you should have thought about that before you got a dog and had kids.
Have to agree with this as well.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2017, 06:48 AM
 
3,268 posts, read 2,198,510 times
Reputation: 2682
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
You realize kids are human beings right? You wouldn't be here if someone didn't decide to have kids.
We are aware which is why some people avoid them when renting. We know how precious they are to their parents and all the demands mom and dad will have for the apt that come with them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2017, 06:49 AM
 
32,778 posts, read 22,726,695 times
Reputation: 29800
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Gov telling you what you can or can't so with your property let's you know how free you really are.


You really think a restaurant owner should be allowed to not allow blacks in their property and serve them?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2017, 06:50 AM
 
1,097 posts, read 438,832 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
You realize kids are human beings right? You wouldn't be here if someone didn't decide to have kids.
I grew up in boston sleeping in the same room as siblings in a lead house that my dad paid cash for every month. He didn't have ridiculous demands. We did fine.

We saw the section 8 family next to us get an upgrade because they had another child and they couldn't let two siblings sleep in the same room.

Maybe we weren't enough of human beings?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2017, 06:54 AM
 
2,771 posts, read 2,216,535 times
Reputation: 2174
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I grew up in boston sleeping in the same room as siblings in a lead house that my dad paid cash for every month. He didn't have ridiculous demands. We did fine.

We saw the section 8 family next to us get an upgrade because they had another child and they couldn't let two siblings sleep in the same room.

Maybe we weren't enough of human beings?
Right, so because no one knew how dangerous lead paint was back then people are being crazy to avoid that risk now. Got it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2017, 06:58 AM
 
1,097 posts, read 438,832 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
Right, so because no one knew how dangerous lead paint was back then people are being crazy to avoid that risk now. Got it.
When did we find out the dangers of letting siblings share rooms?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2017, 07:05 AM
 
32,778 posts, read 22,726,695 times
Reputation: 29800
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
When did we find out the dangers of letting siblings share rooms?


Separate rooms are only generally required for kids if they're different sexes and over a certain age. Which, makes sense.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2017, 07:06 AM
 
420 posts, read 247,927 times
Reputation: 364
The lead law is a good example of unintended consequences. It drives up rental costs for families with children, making it almost impossible to rent.

Would requiring a renter to sign a lead disclosure and being made aware of the dangers be better? Or requiring a landlord to paint over window/door opening?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2017, 07:08 AM
 
1,097 posts, read 438,832 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Separate rooms are only generally required for kids if they're different sexes and over a certain age. Which, makes sense.
Only for the "protected class"
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2017, 07:10 AM
 
32,778 posts, read 22,726,695 times
Reputation: 29800
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Only for the "protected class"


I have no idea why you have that term in quotes. Apparently you have a problem with the concept, for some reason.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top