U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 12:15 PM

1,097 posts, read 439,780 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure it would be so bad if it were a night game. It may take a little extra effort but not a bad way to see the downtown area near south station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 01:32 PM

2,067 posts, read 2,319,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
BC is mostly located in the Allston Brighton area of Boston. There will be tons of food options and bars. This area tends to errr toward the college age demographic. It's only form of public transport is the Green Line (MBTA). The least efficient of all lines. Walking distance will give you a nice feel of some Boston architecture. along the Beacon St. stretch into brookline there are some really nice quintessential Boston landscapes. Fenway park is maybe a 3 mile walk from that area and can be quite beautiful in the autumn months.
Uh no...you're thinking BU (Boston University) not BC, which is in Chestnut Hill/Newton.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:34 PM

7,900 posts, read 6,835,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Uh no...you're thinking BU (Boston University) not BC, which is in Chestnut Hill/Newton.
No, this applies to BC. Most of the main campus does seem to be in Brighton (I never refer to the area as Brighton Allston, even though officially it uses both names so I guess I would have just said "Brighton") as well as most students. The Newton campus is pretty separated. There are bars and whatnot in Brighton. Some students head down to Oak Square/Brighton Center, or Cleveland Circle. I wouldn't say a "ton" but there certainly are some. It is probably more like a 4 mile walk to Fenway. But BU is right next door, certainly much less than 3 miles. Beacon street does stretch into Brookline from BC, not from BU (by BU it's all only Brookline).

Old 08-10-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
No, this applies to BC. Most of the main campus does seem to be in Brighton (I never refer to the area as Brighton Allston, even though officially it uses both names so I guess I would have just said "Brighton") as well as most students. The Newton campus is pretty separated. There are bars and whatnot in Brighton. Some students head down to Oak Square/Brighton Center, or Cleveland Circle. I wouldn't say a "ton" but there certainly are some. It is probably more like a 4 mile walk to Fenway. But BU is right next door, certainly much less than 3 miles. Beacon street does stretch into Brookline from BC, not from BU (by BU it's all only Brookline).
This isn't a thread about BC, so I won't belabor the point...but BC is smack in Chestnut Hill, on the Newton line. It may abut Brighton, but to imply to an out-of-towner that BC is walking distance to Allston or BU is misleading. Allston is famous for being BU's hangout.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:11 AM

Okay!
I thought BC was mostly near the reservoir. Which indeed is about a 3.5 mile walk. No need to get hostile.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:27 AM

13,864 posts, read 4,113,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Are there any nearby towns that we could stay in that may be worth visiting?

Franklin,it has some Hotels all so.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Okay!
I thought BC was mostly near the reservoir. Which indeed is about a 3.5 mile walk. No need to get hostile.
No hostility intended Just want to make sure posters unfamiliar with the area get good accurate facts. 3+ miles is usually not considered walking distance for most folks.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:51 AM

Well I did disclose that it was a pleasant 3+ mile walk in my original statement. so the reader could have assessed for them selves. Not sure getting into Who's fraternity goes where has any factor in the milage originally reported .

Old 08-11-2017, 07:59 AM

449 posts, read 462,434 times
(BC's main campus is in Chestnut Hill. They also own the former archdiocese property in Brighton. Most students who live off campus live in Brighton.)

Old 08-11-2017, 08:47 AM

1,498 posts, read 1,514,771 times
Ok, so maybe the area around BC might not be the most accessible...I don't mind walking but want to figure out all my options. My husband really wants to make a weekend of it and stay in Boston. What is an area that would have train accessibility to the stadium that would also not cost $500 a night?

Thanks again everyone for all your thoughts and help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston