U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:32 AM

116 posts, read 64,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
African-American activist Louis Farrakhan and his followers of the Million Man March claims Jewish financing were involved in American Slavery. Google it. Today Robert E Lee statutes and the Faneuil Hall name come down, what statutes and memorials will come down next decade?

After all the statues in the country were taken down one by one and no one complained, they finally came to tear down our statutes and memorials, and there was no one left to complain.
Statues, not statutes, Bubba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 05:54 AM

6,309 posts, read 10,481,748 times
All they have to do to put up an adjacent plaque with a biography of Faneuil and let people make their own judgement as to his character. Bowdlerizing history is not the answer- remembering it is key to our continued survival as a nation.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:51 AM

461 posts, read 282,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
How do you feel about Yawkey Way?

Baseball History
The time i could go to a Red Sox game and use pocket change to buy a ticket.
Racially? As a White male? First time i had a Black person as a role model. Tommy Harper,Bob Veale,Reggie Smith
That is what Tom Yawkey means.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:49 AM

8,660 posts, read 8,796,474 times
Quote:
Baseball History
The time i could go to a Red Sox game and use pocket change to buy a ticket.
Racially? As a White male? First time i had a Black person as a role model. Tommy Harper,Bob Veale,Reggie Smith
That is what Tom Yawkey means.
You could get in for pocket change because they were trash because he didn't want black people like Jackie Robinson or Willy Mays on the team.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:57 PM

1,140 posts, read 863,206 times
wror, you live in a different era of being and social thought my friend.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:00 AM

461 posts, read 282,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
wror, you live in a different era of being and social thought my friend.

From a better,happier, and friendly Era. There was an era and social thought time in the US when;

Children and teens were not robbed of time and fast forwarded into adults.
People left their house doors unlocked. Had a neighbor that kept his car keys in his car at night.
In the 1980s, in the spur of the moment i would decide to fly to Florida. I would go to Logan airport with no ticket, no reservation, less than 30 minutes before a flight to Florida would depart. I would simply hop on a People's Express and grab a sit. During the flight i would be asked for ID(one time i used an expired college ID--no photo) and paid for the flight. One time i arrived 8 minutes before a departure, the plane door closed, they opened and and i got on. Again, showed my ID during the flight. Think it was $39 round trip.
The word "N-gg-er". Maybe twice in 2 decades in my era and social thought i heard the word said. Once was Sammy Davis JR on Tv.
Hear it all the time now in this era and social thought, and Not from white people saying it.
Than the thought of 10000+ nukes in flight to the US. Never thought of that happening in my era of being and social thought.

In the current era and social thought in the US, you got druggies, drug addicts,drugs,drugs,POT,drugs,drugs,booze, beer, brew, drugs, drug country,people trying to out gross each other, kids using mind alternating drugs. Take people covered in tattoos in public. I use to pay to go into the side shows of the Brockton Fair and PAY to see the Tattoo Man covered in tattoos. In this era and social thought, its free.

Moving away from digressing, There is about 70 streets alone named Washington in Ma. Wonder what names they are going to be in this era and social thought.

Last edited by wror; 08-19-2017 at 11:17 AM..

Old 08-19-2017, 05:52 PM

574 posts, read 217,345 times
They should just sell the naming rights like stadiums do examples are Walmart Hall and Ford Market

Old 08-20-2017, 07:22 PM

79 posts, read 40,839 times
Quote:
From a better,happier, and friendly Era. There was an era and social thought time in the US when;

People left their house doors unlocked. Had a neighbor that kept his car keys in his car at night.
In the 1980s, in the spur of the moment i would decide to fly to Florida. I would go to Logan airport with no ticket, no reservation, less than 30 minutes before a flight to Florida would depart. I would simply hop on a People's Express and grab a sit. During the flight i would be asked for ID(one time i used an expired college ID--no photo) and paid for the flight. One time i arrived 8 minutes before a departure, the plane door closed, they opened and and i got on. Again, showed my ID during the flight. Think it was $39 round trip.
The word "N-gg-er". Maybe twice in 2 decades in my era and social thought i heard the word said. Once was Sammy Davis JR on Tv.
Hear it all the time now in this era and social thought, and Not from white people saying it.
Than the thought of 10000+ nukes in flight to the US. Never thought of that happening in my era of being and social thought.

In the current era and social thought in the US, you got druggies, drug addicts,drugs,drugs,POT,drugs,drugs,booze, beer, brew, drugs, drug country,people trying to out gross each other, kids using mind alternating drugs. Take people covered in tattoos in public. I use to pay to go into the side shows of the Brockton Fair and PAY to see the Tattoo Man covered in tattoos. In this era and social thought, its free.

Moving away from digressing, There is about 70 streets alone named Washington in Ma. Wonder what names they are going to be in this era and social thought.
I can't tell but it seems u r saying that the strides made in equality over the past several decades have caused the societal changes u mention. (I don't agree.)

Old 08-22-2017, 09:48 AM

3,987 posts, read 1,946,746 times
Quote:

wasnt drug crime epidemic in the 1980's ?

Old 08-22-2017, 02:11 PM

1,325 posts, read 679,610 times
Quote:

Wait if your from the Sammy Davis JR/Rat Pack era, how are you not from an era when you were scared of nuclear war? Weren't the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Rat Pack around at the same time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or