U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 06:08 PM

2,769 posts, read 1,572,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Yep, the Mayor said they weren't welcome - that's not infringing on free speech. But they were issued a permit and thus had the opportunity to express their free speech.

Some of the speakers that were scheduled included:

Kyle Chapaman aka Based Stickman - he got the nickname after using a wooden stick over the head of a counter protester in Berkeley. He is a self professed American Nationalist and founder of Fraternal Order of Alt Knights

Joe Biggs - a political correspondent for Info Wars
Exactly. There is no free speech issue. Their rally for free speech was asinine because their free speech had never been endangered. What they wanted was an opportunity to communicate and advance hatred. Which they were given the opportunity to do.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:09 PM

585 posts, read 289,673 times
Counter protestors were throwing bottles of urine at the police and harassing black officers (this is confirmed on video). This entire fiasco was media fueled and is a disgrace on both sides.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:27 AM

1,068 posts, read 432,066 times
Exactly what it was.A media event. Armchair liberals and fair weather patriots. There are people litterally getting shot and killed on a daily basis in boston.I don't see any of these people coming out to support.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:53 AM

112 posts, read 60,347 times
Some of these replies are really odd; were you even there? The Boston rally this weekend seemed like a fun carnival environment to me. America at its best, allowing people the freedom to make speech, and other people to mock them for their silly views . I saw 50 or so snowflakes getting embarrassed and quitting early.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:11 AM

7,854 posts, read 6,808,966 times
America is on the verge of being overtaken by literal Nazis. Thank God the counter protest took place and saved our nation.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:09 AM

6,977 posts, read 6,696,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Because scumbags like Walsh were very open about the fact that if they didn't like what you had to say you "weren't welcome". I don't like pathetic scumbag Nazi wannabe's anymore than any other person but until you start issuing ACTUAL threats or promoting violence hate speech IS still speech and even douchebags have the RIGHT to voice their opinions. Even if only the 1% of scumbags agree with it. Trying to limit speech to only what you agree with is a VERY dangerous path to go down. I also have a serious issue with all the media acting as if what happened in Charlottesville was somehow ok with them by saying things like "if they come from VA" That moron was from OH, and C'ville is a very liberal minded city, but like most of the time, they only report what they think people want to hear and could care less whether it's based on any type of facts.
It truly sickens me how the Globe runs on with their: "oh well this is Boston not Charlottesville, WE are so above that here". A bunch of arrogant, elitist pr#$ks.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:12 AM

8,711 posts, read 8,913,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It truly sickens me how the Globe runs on with their: "oh well this is Boston not Charlottesville, WE are so above that here". A bunch of arrogant, elitist pr#$ks.

You realize you are talking about a newspaper that politicized the eclipse.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...xbO/story.html

Old 08-21-2017, 09:16 AM

6,977 posts, read 6,696,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
You realize you are talking about a newspaper that politicized the eclipse.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...xbO/story.html
Believe me, I know...

Old 08-21-2017, 09:27 AM

585 posts, read 289,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstatus View Post
The Boston rally this weekend seemed like a fun carnival environment to me. America at its best

Old 08-21-2017, 09:37 AM

340 posts, read 167,954 times
This anti-protest didn't accomplish a thing. This just proves the hypocrisy of the left. They would love to classify this as a peaceful event, but let's look at the facts. There were about 40,000 protesters. about the size of Fenway Park. These are the same people who decided to label Boston as the most racist city in the country because 1 or 2 racists yelled racist remarks at players. Yet 33 arrests, 4 of which had weapons, throwing rocks and bottles of urine at police, was classified as a peaceful success.

Make no mistake, this group impeded on rights to assemble and free speech of the group on the common. I detest their message, but who really cares what they have to say? Before anyone gives a weak argument that they were allowed to assemble and given a permit: think what outrage we'd see if the NAACP tried to assemble and were blocked at the entrance by a group of 200 in sheets harassing and physically blocking their path (well documented about 200 in masks did this). Do you honestly think this was a win? If you do, you're probably still confused about why Hillary lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston