Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 09:47 AM

2,722 posts, read 6,111,377 times

Advertisements

BostonBorn never misses an opportunity to remind us how racist we all are.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:50 AM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post

2. Boston is about as racist as anywhere else in the country. But I think it gets that reputation from the busing days back in the 70s, where the mayor at the time tried to integrate the schools by busing in black kids from other neighborhoods to go to school in predominately white Irish neighborhoods. Lets just say the white people weren't exactly "thrilled" about the idea. And things got out of hand. Google it.
No, it wasn't the mayor who was responsible.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:05 AM

341 posts, read 302,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
SO TRUE.

It's not like having a name like the Washington REDSKINS isn't racist at all!

Nope, nothing to see here....

Old 09-01-2017, 10:05 AM

816 posts, read 994,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No, it wasn't the mayor who was responsible.
Correction. It was a piece of legislation passed by the Massachusetts General Court.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
Correction. It was a piece of legislation passed by the Massachusetts General Court.
It was Judge Arthur Garrity.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:33 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,322,067 times
we are all racist because of white flight...

If Boston is racist i cant imagine what southern towns and cities must be like who had things like segregation from using the same bathrooms/restaurants and ya know slavery. But us Bostonians are the most racist of all!

Old 09-01-2017, 10:42 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:

It's a good thing there is someone here to makes the points he makes. Hopefully it makes people think and self examine themselves, their actions, and inactions.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
we are all racist because of white flight...

If Boston is racist i cant imagine what southern towns and cities must be like who had things like segregation from using the same bathrooms/restaurants and ya know slavery. But us Bostonians are the most racist of all!
Strangely enough, they seem to get along better in the South. Perhaps because they have a longer history of living together.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:00 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Quote:
Im in another city, this is a thread about Boston's rep in other cities know right? Would not this make you regressive or a 'snowflake' as the right says? Im just telling you what people have told me. I really didn't come down here to talk about Boston. This is textbook kneejerk reaction to things you dont want to her.. Ignore the substance of what I'm saying and attack the messenger. This is why Boston lags in race relations Im just telling you what I have heard face to face from people of various races, ages, genders and places of origin.

You already knew when you clicked this thread this would come up. I love Boston but its full of people such as yourself which leave people in other parts of the country asking 'why is Boston like that? This is the blemish on the city. Period point blank. The mayor agrees, the DOJ agrees, the black community agrees, athletes agree, people in other cities agree. Only white Massachusetts natives disagree. You're outnumbered 4.9 million to 315 million. So you can be as salty as you wanna be, the real question is can you face the truth of our reputation?

Old 09-01-2017, 11:01 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's a good thing there is someone here to makes the points he makes. Hopefully it makes people think and self examine themselves, their actions, and inactions.
Appreciate it timberline. I love Boston-im just honest and try to be objective. If anyone think I prodded these responses or came down to DC looking to make Boston look bad they couldn't be any further from the truth. It i literally because i am black that when people ask me where im from and I say I'm from Boston they look like..disturbed/troubled and usually tell me why its racist and they would never move there (hispanic friend living in Dc moved from Oklahoma) or they ask me is it as racist as they say it is. You all get the questions about the Departed and Red Sox, I dont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston