U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 07:38 AM

7,079 posts, read 6,746,178 times

Advertisements

Honestly why should anybody care? I don't think the South is losing sleep over how the rest view their Rebel flags, for instance. You can't fix ignorance, unfortunately. It's much more productive putting energy into solving your own issues, as opposed to putting on a show for the rest of the world.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
Reminds me of the Irish whites living in Old Colony, McCormack, and D Street projects in Souuuuthie
Right, it's not restricted to one race. The point is, we are past the point in our nation's social progression where we can blame the world for holding us down.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:50 AM

1,327 posts, read 682,761 times
Quote:
Reminds me of the Irish whites living in Old Colony, McCormack, and D Street projects in Souuuuthie
You probably haven't been to Old Colony or McCormack in a while. I don't know maybe I'm wrong and the Irish have really good tans now.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
You probably haven't been to Old Colony or McCormack in a while. I don't know maybe I'm wrong and the Irish have really good tans now.
True, but not the point.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:05 AM

684 posts, read 534,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
It's been a few years. I used to deliver for the pizza place (Supreme) right at the rotary during, and a little bit after college. Circa mid-late 2000s. It was also my job to kick the junkies out of the bathroom after they'd pass out from shooting up.

Not sure how things are there now, but I do know a lot of them moved and ended up in Weymouth.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:45 AM

3,268 posts, read 2,203,427 times
Default re

Quote:
and? it seems like the old southie irish who lived in projects are always picked on or people feel the need to remind others that the irish have 'bad people' in their group too. We know, we get it. All groups have their bad apples.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
and? it seems like the old southie irish who lived in projects are always picked on or people feel the need to remind others that the irish have 'bad people' in their group too. We know, we get it. All groups have their bad apples.
Old? There are tons still left in the southie projects. The ones who left took their section 8 and OC/heroin habits with them to the South Shore (Quincy, Braintree, Weymouth, etc)

And I simply brought that up, because you seemed to be generalizing a "certain" group of people with that comment you made. Trust me, it wasn't black people nodding out that I was kicking out of the bathrooms at the pizza joint, or the ones that used to come in and try to sell stolen stuff every other day

Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:

And I simply brought that up, because you seemed to be generalizing a "certain" group of people with that comment you made.
I didn't really see anyone generalizing anybody here. People need to calm down.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:12 AM

32,836 posts, read 22,780,939 times
Quote:
Old? There are tons still left in the southie projects. The ones who left took their section 8 and OC/heroin habits with them to the South Shore (Quincy, Braintree, Weymouth, etc)

Easton, obviously.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
liberals say they are against racism but if you don't have a degree or are working class they think you're the scum of the earth and want nothing to do with you. I think Boston is way more 'classist' if you will about things like jobs and education than they are about race. Maybe they LOOK racist in the eyes of many because there aren't many professional well to do black or hispanic people in boston so they aren't available to be friends with. If there were more black/hispanic drs/lawyers/ceo's/engineers etc in boston i guarantee whitey in Wellesley would be happy to put them on their friend list.

They say they empathize with people in neighborhoods like mattapan and roxbury but would they actually become FRIENDS with these people or want their kids to? No. That is boston in a nutshell. Lived here my whole life. conservative whites are the same way when it comes to this. They don't want to be around the poor and uneducated or even the middle class. It might be contagious to their children.
Quote:
They should better themselves then. Stop blaming their shortcomings white people. They have plenty of opportunities if not more than others in terms of grants, scholarships and diversity programs.
Quote:
No I didn't mean dont go into trades or go to college...i meant atop doing things like being dependent on section 8 and welfare, having kids when you're too young or not married, dealing drugs, doing drugs, getting in a gang, expecting someone else to pay your way and blaming your life on someone else. Those sorts of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I didn't really see anyone generalizing anybody here. People need to calm down.

Read all of the above. You seem like a smart person. Let's not sugar coat it. Clearly talking about a specific group of people.

And I'm as calm as a clam. I was simply pointing out that the whites in Boston (who happen to be mostly Irish) have the same issues that were described above, not just minorities. (I'm white btw, not that it matters)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or