U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 PM

3,268 posts, read 2,193,284 times

Advertisements

I'm actually going to go through each of these:

Hell theyre making a show in 'the Boston Miracle' about corruption and racism in the BPD right now. And they're making a movie about the racism in the Michael Cox case right now...

-How about this story? Brockton pols denounce mayor's hiring of fired Boston cop - News - The Enterprise, Brockton, MA - Brockton, MA

-Michael cox is is a messed up story but the guy was in plain clothes and they thought he was a suspect. Would all hell have been raised if he was white? It also happened in 1995

Never mind the:

Malden school hair ban

-I'd never heard of this story. Seems absurd seeing how I see people walking around with purple hair and tattoos and earrings all over the place. No idea why this came up with hair extensions.

Forced busing

-This was in the 70s and was supposed to be helpful in diversifying schools

Bpd entry exam being deemed discriminatory

-how?? Too hard? This makes no sense. Do black people test differently?

Bpd officer saying blacks have met their match this summer

-Stupid cop

BC shutting down B protester alast school year

-I dont know what this is but perhaps they didn't want to deal with drama and people possibly getting hurt and/or property being destroyed.

Bpd Officer attacking his customer with racial slurs in Southie

-I know nothing abut this. Since when do cops have customers?

Yes Stewart Case

-This happened in 1990, the guy killed his wife and wanted to make it look like someone else did it.

The Black Harvard Alumni being thrown out of a club downtown a few years ago

-Never heard this story. You think it was all based on skin color?

The omission of Officer DJ Stewart from the Boston Bombing movie-even at the request of his family his name at least be in the credits

-People were mad about this...I have a few white BPD friends who thought it was BS as well. I dont think this was about skin color either though.

Being ranked he second lowest metro for opportunity for black and Latino children

-Not necessarily Boston's fault. I blame the parents. I also think it's BS. There are many opportunities for people of color and their kids when it comes to school.

The average white household having a worth of 247k and black family having a net worth o $8

-This makes no sense to me but I've seen this written many times now.

The Subban incident

-I dont know this incident. Black hockey player called racial slurs?

The treatment of Carl Crawford with an officer calling him a racial slur

-Ok, some people are racist...the guy is from Leominster though...not boston.

Finding of discrimination in the family court this past year

-Don't know this story

The nana at Fenway incident

-Dont know this one either

Being the only city in the Bos-Wash that hasn't elected a minority mayor (even Providence and Hartford have)

-Deval Patrick was governor...does this not count for anything? You just want to complain their hasnt been a black mayor yet? We also had a black president for 8 years who got much of the MA vote

Not having a black radio station for over a decade until this past her...
still not having an FM Spanish radio station

-Now this just seems dumb. I mean really? Why do they need their own radio stations?? get Sirius. Not to mention 94.5 is basically a black station and ANY other station absolutely plays music by black people. are you mad there are classic rock stations? I'm sure they play Jimi Hendrix... 97.7 has also been around for a while and that is a big time hip hop rap station. I also don't know why there's a big need for a Spanish FM station. Again there is Sirius, youTube, download what you want off the net also...we aren't in CA or TX either...

The fact that the Mattapan residents use a trolley from the 1940s...

-already commented on this.

Last month a Dorchester Rapper-Cousin Stizz-went on Hot 97 in NYC for an interview (2nd largest rap station in the WORLD) and was asked if Boston was racist he said yea but it's not that bad. When pressed further he explained that in 2010 he was chased by a group of white kid downtown on his way to see he fire works right on the Beacon hill side of the common, they were chasing him and his friend down to the esplanade before they let up. The DJ (Pete Rosenberg) said "see what makes that story different than racism else where is that sounds like some 1950s Little Rock Arkansas type stuf"f. He agreed and said he was shocked when it happened.

-who knows for sure if it did happen quite honestly. And even if it did you think they were chasing him because he was black? I cant imagine people being bothered to chase anyone in this situation so yes that is truly bizarre.

So no none of these situations make me think Boston is racist.

You also forgot Henry Louis Gates.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:58 PM

1,798 posts, read 976,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
Reminds me of the Irish whites living in Old Colony, McCormack, and D Street projects in Souuuuthie

True true.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:05 PM

I still don't get why people want to beat down on the Irish of all groups? Irish people were once oppressed themselves. They got over it for the most part.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:06 PM

The Italians were even worse off than the Irish in boston at one point.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:02 AM

White people's fault?

Masked murderer storms Dorchester barber shop, kills man | Boston Herald

Old 09-06-2017, 07:13 AM

3,961 posts, read 1,936,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
I still don't get why people want to beat down on the Irish of all groups? Irish people were once oppressed themselves. They got over it for the most part.
Quote:
yes new england has somewhat of a pedigree of oppressing those migrations that are new. the puritans were not so friendly to other europeans.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:28 AM

340 posts, read 167,772 times
Quote:
'The fact that the Mattapan residents use a trolley from the 1940s... '

This one takes the cake. How about Mattapan is a smaller area and Milton also has the same trolley. Anyone else in other areas takes their ass to the redline if need be or drives, but people in Mattapan be like, this is racist.
Not to mention the fact that a lot of the MBTA's downfall can be pointed to Beverly Scott and Deval Patrick's mismanagement of it for years.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:07 AM

461 posts, read 301,183 times
Quote:
And even today too if theres any who are not as americanized or maybe they are American but dont "act american" enough. I know I am one.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:31 AM

Yup...just yesterday I had an Italian woman in her 70's or so ask my son's name. His name is an Irish name and when I told her she rolled her eyes and said, oh that sounds very Italian to me.

I was SO offended i tell ya.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:50 AM

1,323 posts, read 675,240 times
Quote:
Yup...just yesterday I had an Italian woman in her 70's or so ask my son's name. His name is an Irish name and when I told her she rolled her eyes and said, oh that sounds very Italian to me.

I was SO offended i tell ya.
I mean what was the name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or