Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,338 times

Advertisements

Hi, my boyfriend and I are looking to move to the boston-ish area this July. We are in a similar situation, but we are a bit younger and not even thinking about children in the least. We both work near the area, I in West Bridgewater and he in Waltham, and we are hoping to find somewhere that's not too out of the way for either of us. We're currently living in Rhode Island and aren't very familiar with the area. Are there any recommendations for couples in their early 20's who don't want to break their wallets but still want a nice, fun neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 01:28 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,000,036 times
Quote:
I would avoid anything south on 495. Boring Boring Boring for a young couple.
I have to disagree with you on this comment. my husband and I live south on 495, we're in our early/mid 30s and have never been bored. In the summer we have town lakes to go to or the beaches on the cape (because we're close to the cape we take the backroads to the bridge instead of 495 and avoid all the traffic) the beaches in plymouth and in westport. in addition we have the luxury of being less than 40 minutes from both providence and boston (of course boston on a good day), lots of great restaurants to choose from, numerous golf courses to choose from, indoor tennis, indoor floor hockey and shopping.

For kids we have lots of ball parks to choose from, playgrounds, soccor fields, after school activities (karate, horseback riding lessons), bike trails at state parks, ice rinks, paint ball fields, mini golf, driving ranges, the list goes on for children.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 PM

12 posts, read 60,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
Hi, my boyfriend and I are looking to move to the boston-ish area this July. We are in a similar situation, but we are a bit younger and not even thinking about children in the least. We both work near the area, I in West Bridgewater and he in Waltham, and we are hoping to find somewhere that's not too out of the way for either of us. We're currently living in Rhode Island and aren't very familiar with the area. Are there any recommendations for couples in their early 20's who don't want to break their wallets but still want a nice, fun neighborhood?

Maybe check out canton or norwood. Both have a lot to offer. However waltham to w. bridgewater is a commute. theres going to be traffic for both of you on one side of your commute (to or from work). I would try to figure out who wants/ doesn't mind to drive and choose from that. If you want to live near boston you should look into waltham or watertown.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:45 PM

12 posts, read 60,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT to MA View Post
My fiancé took a job in Boston and starts at the beginning of the New Year. We are moving from Farmington, CT but we are not sure where we should be looking. We are New Englanders so we are aware of the snow and cold and all that comes with living in NE. What we don't know is what makes these MA towns so different from one another. Obviously proximity to Boston is key and hope to buy within 50 miles or so. We really want a town that is family friendly (we don't have little ones yet, but we're hoping), close to commuter lines and something that is affordable (350K-425K). It's so hard to look for a home without knowing the vibe of the town; it's hard to say if it's the right town for us. We are looking to stay west, south west of Boston so we can stay close to our CT family/friends. Many of our search engines point us towards Marlborough, Westborough and the surrounding area. Can anyone provide reason to choose on over another. Is there an area we should really stay away from? Any advice from the locals would be so appreciated. Everything is happening so quickly I'm concerned that we will make an uninformed decision. Please help us find a place to call home!!!

I would look into Hopkinton or Ashland, sherborn or holliston. Nice towns. Nice neigborhoods. Not so bad proximity to Boston or CT or RI. I would google the towns you may be interested in. Check out their websites and take a few weekend drives to the towns. See what you think. Everyone has a different opinion of specific places. My husband is an appraiser and always says that you can tell a lot about the town by their town hall. If its updated/nice/clean or run down/dirty. I mean the town hall is where a lot of essential functions are based out of.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,251 times
Default where can i find a place to rent in Westport?

hello. this summer me and my boyfriend are coming to Westport to work for the summer. But we cannot find a place to stay at all on the internet, probably because it is a too small city. so, does anybody know a special site for the locals or with their neswpapers to look in for housing?
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston