U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 10:45 AM

13 posts, read 6,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well if he wanted to go back to Wisconsin he should go to a state school in Wisconsin. They're a bargain. I almost had no debt (quickly paid off) after my UW Madison masters. Kind of clear that isn't his goal.
Correct,

I would like to end up on the east coast after law school. It would be less debt at Suffolk. I have yet to hear from Brooklyn Law School. I also have family in Plymouth, MA. I'm not sure how close that is but I am leaning towards Boston at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 12:29 PM

2,770 posts, read 1,572,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBadger2112 View Post
Correct,

I would like to end up on the east coast after law school. It would be less debt at Suffolk. I have yet to hear from Brooklyn Law School. I also have family in Plymouth, MA. I'm not sure how close that is but I am leaning towards Boston at this point.
It's not that far. Sounds like Boston is the better option for you.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:06 PM

1,919 posts, read 652,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBadger2112 View Post
Hello,

I currently live in Madison, WI. I have been admitted to a law school in Boston which is significantly lower ranked than a law school that I have been admitted to in NYC. I will not disclose which schools they are but they are both Tier 3 schools. I am a person that can sometimes get lonely and overwhelmed by NYC and other large cities. The school in Boston awarded me a $45,000 scholarship for the full three years and NYC didn't give me any. Which city would be the easiest to assimilate to for someone with mild anxiety? I also have a motorcycle that I would really like to keep parked close to where I live.
Why are you asking this in a Boston forum and not the city vs City forum or General USA forum?

Old 03-19-2018, 03:22 PM

11,315 posts, read 5,839,816 times
It always seemed like every Massachusetts career politician came out of Suffolk. Plus ambulance chaser Jim Sokolove.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:41 PM

7,070 posts, read 10,810,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It always seemed like every Massachusetts career politician came out of Suffolk. Plus ambulance chaser Jim Sokolove.
The state reps get free tuition at Suffolk. That's how they get their law degrees.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:26 PM

624 posts, read 444,365 times
I don't think you actually have a choice if you actually want to practice law. If you graduate from NY with the kind of debt you are talking about, you will not be able to afford to take the low paying/nonprofit law jobs that graduating from such a school will net you. If you graduate with debt you will be tending bar and waiting tables and too busy in debt service to have a $20/hr lawyer job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or