U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM

9,093 posts, read 7,847,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
My SIL and her husband lived on Cornell St in the 70's-80's. They bought his parents home. I have had some great holiday dinners there. Fond Memories.
Checked with family. 52 Cornell St. SIL says sq footage is the driving factor on Cornell St so pay attention to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

8 posts, read 874 times
Thank you! Just verified the sq. footage today. 1st level and 2nd level together comes to 2359 sq. ft. Basement (unfinished) is not included in the calculation. Approximately 319.9/sq.ft. It also has a decent yard.

Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM

8 posts, read 874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
There are plenty of wonderful parks. There's Stony brook Reservation. Turtle pond. Arnold Arboretum. SW corridor to Emerald necklace. short drive to Blue Hills reservation It's truly remarkable in that sense. As far as entertainment goes.. There are a few restaurants and bars in Rozzi Square. There is cafes and a smaller grocery. West rox is close with 2 larger grocery and even more dining and take out spots. Cinema..not so much. chestnut hill may be the closest.

If ROI is your main concern than I guess you really have different motives than finding a nice place to live with your family. It shouldn't be your main concern.

I can't speak much about the current state of Medford, and hope someone can chime in with better info on that.
GeePee, thank you! Considering this will be the biggest purchase in my life, I do not want to loose money if I decide to sell it in 7 to 10 years. Likely I will be adding features to the house in the years I own it. So, at the end, I just wanted to have a decent exit plan, if need be.

Old Today, 05:35 AM

1,744 posts, read 748,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin_12 View Post
GeePee, thank you! Considering this will be the biggest purchase in my life, I do not want to loose money if I decide to sell it in 7 to 10 years. Likely I will be adding features to the house in the years I own it. So, at the end, I just wanted to have a decent exit plan, if need be.
I don't think you will lose money. I had the same exact fears before I bought, as i am sure most do. I have a decent amount of equity in less than 10 years. Your growth may not be as aggressive as the past 10 years have been, but I don't think you will be losing. There are significant investments in and around the neighborhood that are promising for it to not be a flash in the pan situation. Best of luck. It's a great neighborhood.

Old Today, 12:42 PM

1,988 posts, read 3,193,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin_12 View Post
It is a mile away from the future Green line extension. Commute wise, Cornell street works great for me as my work place is just next to the 39 stop. I am only worried about the ROI and the lack of entertainment (park, restaurants, cinema, bars) nearby.
No one on this board can predict your roi, best you can do is for your realtor to provide comps at $750k.

The area appears to be full of people. Are they all pissed because they're not living next to bars? It's a residential area. If you want to live downtown...

Old Today, 12:54 PM

1,744 posts, read 748,297 times
there are about 5 bars less than a mile from this location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or