Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 AM

3 posts, read 9,355 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I will be moving from CLT to Boston for a job at the end of this month and have a few questions. I will actually be working in Braintree and have read a lot of threads here about good places to live. I think I'm focusing right now on finding a place in Quincy since it's fairly close and still has easy access to the T. I've found a few places but was wondering if there were any bad places in Quincy. I've found a place in Houghs Neck that seems nice but I can't find any information about that area. If anyone can give any more recommendations on some places to look I would appreciate that also. I'm looking at roughly $1300 a month max.

On another note I'll be moving myself and should have someone to help me move, but in the event that I will be going up there by myself does anyone have suggestions on the best way to get a person or a few people to help me actually move my belongings into the apartment? I've seen some posts mention craigslist but I'm curious about any other options there may be.

Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,271,328 times
Hough's Neck is nice but modest and a bit isolated. There's a bus to Quincy Center T station to get to Boston or you could drive to Quincy Center, which has some parking for $5 a day. I don't think it would be too full if you wanted to go into Boston on a weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston