U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM

2,989 posts, read 2,548,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I just looked and saw that if you want to get from that stop to ruggles at 620am then the next time is 920. It goes to back bay every hour. But it’s also zone 1 which is quite a bit more than fairmounts zone 1a. Readville is zone 2. Makes no sense!!
It's a pain for Keolis to have trains stop at Hyde Park- by the time they get there going inbound they are overcrowded cattle cars. If it wasn't politically impossible they would shut down the Hyde Park CR stop. God forbid it was made zone 1a the overcrowding would be even worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,475,571 times
Quote:
I just looked and saw that if you want to get from that stop to ruggles at 620am then the next time is 920. It goes to back bay every hour. But it’s also zone 1 which is quite a bit more than fairmounts zone 1a. Readville is zone 2. Makes no sense!!
Fairmount used to be Zone 1 as well until recently. They changed it to Zone 1A in hopes of attracting more ridership onto the little used Fairmount Line (I was once a frequent rider of that line so I know). The T couldn't do the same for Readville because that stop is shared by other commuter rail lines. I agree that it's stupid the way the fare structure is set up but that's politics for you. That and the T doesn't have as much vision or foresight as you think. Sometimes having them do something new is like kicking a mule just to have it drink water.

Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

364 posts, read 73,348 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
It's a pain for Keolis to have trains stop at Hyde Park- by the time they get there going inbound they are overcrowded cattle cars. If it wasn't politically impossible they would shut down the Hyde Park CR stop. God forbid it was made zone 1a the overcrowding would be even worse.
Well the fairmount is zone 1a and I wouldn’t say that is super crowded

Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Well the fairmount is zone 1a and I wouldn’t say that is super crowded
Yes, it's a dedicated line running entirely within the city of Boston. The trains that stop at Hyde Park are coming from much farther away and are generally filled to capacity by the time they get there.

Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
Yes, it's a dedicated line running entirely within the city of Boston. The trains that stop at Hyde Park are coming from much farther away and are generally filled to capacity by the time they get there.
So if someone got on a providence/stoughton train at the HP stop at 715am it would be standing room only? It only takes about 10 min to get from HP to back bay it looks like? Do conductors check tickets of people who get on at the hp stop?

Old Today, 01:03 PM

1,796 posts, read 789,030 times
https://boston.curbed.com/boston-dev...tments-sprague
Looks like the reedville station project got green lighted with half the units they proposed. NIMBY's gunna NIMB yo!

Old Today, 05:48 PM

Quote:
So if someone got on a providence/stoughton train at the HP stop at 715am it would be standing room only?
Usually, yes.
Quote:
It only takes about 10 min to get from HP to back bay it looks like?
Assuming all is running well, yes.
Quote:
Do conductors check tickets of people who get on at the hp stop?
Yes.

Old Today, 05:54 PM

Sounds like you take this train?

Old Today, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you take this train?
On occasion yes. I usually try to take a train that skips Hyde Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston