U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 07:51 AM

2,321 posts, read 2,135,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Looks like OP was scared away. Let's try to be a little more helpful in the future, they wanted pros and cons nothing more nothing less. Doesn't require intense interrogation of the inquirer. I'm talking stuff like this. It's pretty uncalled for imho:
Eh. I stand by the mantra that it's difficult to give someone advice or information without knowing anything about why they're asking or what they're looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 07:56 AM

9,256 posts, read 8,093,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
i think Timberline was well within reason here. OP wasnt very specific at all and pros could be cons for others.

I dont think he was too pushy, OP didnt tell us age, where theyre coming from, with who, for how long, ..anything really
My point was OP wasn't asking for opinions based on their personal situation, but simply putting feelers out for the neighborhood in a general sense. That has it's time and place as well, and there is nothing wrong with doing that. People should respond accordingly, and not try to read too much into things.

Last edited by massnative71; 11-06-2019 at 09:03 AM..

Old 11-06-2019, 07:56 AM

1,918 posts, read 841,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migrjo View Post
" Is there something specific you are looking for?"

Whether or not to make it my next home.
Right. Sorry we scared them away with our vagueness.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Eh. I stand by the mantra that it's difficult to give someone advice or information without knowing anything about why they're asking or what they're looking for.
Eh, not really. You gave a solid answer along with myself and maybe one or two others. Sure one might be more helpful when knowing specifics on individual situations, but I have confidence most information seekers will get to that stage when they are ready.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:08 AM

1,918 posts, read 841,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Look at it for what?? thats still a site of frequent shooting maybe not the last 4/5 months but...overall? The past year year and a half?

Lenox Street quieted down when they took down their longtime rival- the Columbia Point Dawgz.

Castlegate and Sonoma/Maple are other good examples of a areas that used to be extremely violent that arent anymore
Yeah there still is shootings. But there also is more recently more development.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Right. Sorry we scared them away with our vagueness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by migrjo View Post
I know.

I'm looking for all pros and all cons.

Perhaps I'm not in the right place.
By this point it should have been clear what OP was looking for (at this time). They are asking the question, not us.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:09 AM

364 posts, read 209,166 times
Pros - one of the least expensive places to live in the city of Boston

Cons - has all of the downsides of living in the city without any of the upsides
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or