U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2021, 04:49 PM

6,321 posts, read 4,855,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Rent control sounds great! Boston isn't expensive enough already, let's get it up to SF levels!
SF has rent control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
His work inthe DSNI is maaaajor. It would be hard to overstate how impressive that was/is.

Any of these candidates seems really strong to me. Less impressed by AEG and the random guy, but AEG wouldn't be horrible.
Is the random guy actually running? I remember seeing his name on Wikipedia and thinking it was a joke or a typo or something. The thing I like best about AEG is her experience as a teacher in Eastie. That’s definitely a perspective that none of the other candidates have.

However, she’s probably a comfy 4th favorite after Wu, Campbell, and Barros until she convinces me otherwise.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 04:56 PM

1,296 posts, read 904,782 times
Ummm, it does? Along with limited buildable space, the usual union shenanigans, extreme corruption and NIMBYs running the show. Essentially Boston turned up to 11 but we don't want to be #2, we'll turn it up to 12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
SF has rent control?

Old 03-04-2021, 05:56 PM

2,179 posts, read 937,543 times
Quote:
Easy - some voted for her because they hate crackas, other because they hate themselves for being crackas.
Or you could try asking people here in the 7th who voted for her and see what they say.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:02 PM

19,741 posts, read 14,772,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
Or you could try asking people here in the 7th who voted for her and see what they say.

Can you wait a minute? Makin the popcorn...

Old 03-04-2021, 06:27 PM

729 posts, read 887,779 times
Quote:
Seriously. So many blatantly false assumptions.

Any who I voted for Capuano when he was up because he showed up in Randolph, Dorchester and HP. Was instrumental in getting the Fairmount line going for the under serviced populations of DRM+HP. AP won and I was fine with it.

Voted For Pressley recently because she also has been showing up (I actually wrote her a letter early on about her lack of visibility in Randolph LOL but she fixed that). Wish she had more seniority to continue Capuanos work but within due time.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I tried earlier but no one could hear me over all the cries of repentance and the deafening roar of thousands of self-flagellation whips on all those guilt-ridden lily-white backs. But now that I have your attention, why did you vote for her?

Old 03-04-2021, 06:42 PM

Continue Capuano’s work? My naive friend, I have several acres of prime oceanfront property in Omaha for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNative2891 View Post
Seriously. So many blatantly false assumptions.

Any who I voted for Capuano when he was up because he showed up in Randolph, Dorchester and HP. Was instrumental in getting the Fairmount line going for the under serviced populations of DRM+HP. AP won and I was fine with it.

Voted For Pressley recently because she also has been showing up (I actually wrote her a letter early on about her lack of visibility in Randolph LOL but she fixed that). Wish she had more seniority to continue Capuanos work but within due time.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:54 PM

6,321 posts, read 4,855,153 times
Quote:
I was happy to vote for her shortly before moving out of the city!

And I love crackers! Especially with cheese!

Old 03-05-2021, 09:28 AM

2,179 posts, read 937,543 times
Quote:
I tried earlier but no one could hear me over all the cries of repentance and the deafening roar of thousands of self-flagellation whips on all those guilt-ridden lily-white backs. But now that I have your attention, why did you vote for her?
I'm not sure we have your attention, though.

She's aligned with my position on issues meaningful to me. If she stays the progressive course on things like healthcare, climate change, and immigration, she's not going to alienate me. She's also on board with doing away with qualified immunity which I'm strongly in agreement with (it's post-2018, but shows she's still representing my interests).

Capuano was aligned on the issues too, but as someone else pointed out he also felt a little more invisible.

I think either would have been fine, so it's not like something major was lost. Pressley is more engaged with the community, and that's important in a representative. Edge to Pressley. If she keeps on engaging and representing with her base, she'll stick around. Deal with it.

Also FYI, the 7th is only 40% white, so why you think a bunch of lily-white libs in ... Dorchester, Randolph, Hyde Park ... are the only reason she's in office, you're pretty delusional. Go play the white grievance card somewhere else.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:41 AM

10,215 posts, read 4,244,146 times
what is her stance on immigration? I don't have time to look it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston