U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 05:26 AM

7,086 posts, read 4,114,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
(Title misspelled. I should have typed "but still hasn't openED."

As a vegan of over 30 years, I don't eat chicken, but I'd think mayo would be acceptable, or even an expectation on a fried or grilled chicken sandwich.

And I believe chicken salad at a deli contains mayo, just like tuna salad. Or maybe mayo is gross to some when the food is hot and crispy, a la a chicken sandwich? Hmmm...but wait, I do like my fish 'n chips dipped in a chilled tartar sauce, so it seems mayo and hot foods can be good.. Whatever.
It's a hot food/cold mayo thing to me. On chicken salad, sure. Mixed into hot food, not for me. Now maybe if a barrier like lettuce is in place between the chicken and the mayo......
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 07:23 AM

4,242 posts, read 1,446,724 times
There's a lot of hot appetizers out there that are served with a cool aioli. Different strokes I guess. I wish I didn't like mayo...not exactly a healthy thing to eat...but makes everything better for me. Heck I even like french fries dipped in mayo but i dont do it because I try to have some self control.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:57 AM

1,436 posts, read 478,553 times
Quote:
Hmm....over two years ago or so, it seemed Chick-Fil-A planned to open in Copley Square at 569 Boylston Street, the former Boloco burrito store. Seemed to be lots of excitement by some residents then?

A search shows a Globe article and local news stations with coverage of this supposed opening. Of course, still no Chick-Fil-A store exits in Boston, and Dedham is the closest location to Boston, a couple of miles from the city line.

I cannot recall if the proposed space is still empty. Anybody know what, if anything, occupies that spot since Boloco left?

Yes, it's a chain, and a controversial one with some or many, with its Christian values and anti-gay views. And maybe the fact it's a chain may be as or more offensive to some Back Bay and area residents than its anti-gay stance.

Will Boston continue to wait and wait for its Chick-Fil-A? Just keep it out of that spot across from historic Trinity Church? There's already a chain, Wendy's, on that block.
And Chipotle, Dig Inn, Sweetgreen, and Smashburger aren't chains? Oh, and Bruegger's on that block, which still blows my mind at the traffic it regularly gets.

I'm but one person in 02116, but I'd say it's anti-gay/Christian leadership does much more damage around here than the fact it's just another fast food chain. Boylston actually kinda thrives on fast casual chains for the lunch crowd, with Sweetgreen and Dig Inn for the healthy types, Chipotle for the suits on lunch breaks, and Wendy's for the construction crews.

I'd say the other factor is this area is already hitting critical mass on sh*t chicken joints, and Chik-Fil-A is not above-the-fray quality chicken despite what its fanboys may say. Even you seem to have more memories of the fries and mac and cheese than you do the chicken. In addition to the chains like Wendy's and Smashburger already with chicken offerings, you've also got upstarts like CGK on Newbury and ghost kitchens on delivery like It's Just Wings. Hell, even BK's getting in on the chicken sandwich craze now.

We need another chicken chain like we need another Starbucks.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:13 AM

1,444 posts, read 558,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
and Chik-Fil-A is not above-the-fray quality chicken despite what its fanboys may say.
It always amazes me how certain company are able to build so much hype out of thin air.
Same thing with in-n-out, to remain in the fast food world.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:33 AM

4,242 posts, read 1,446,724 times
I think maybe chik fil a first came out it was quite good and it was only down south. When places expand the quality seems to go downhill. I've heard this is why IN & out burger has never expanded beyond the west coast

Old 08-25-2021, 09:59 AM

7,378 posts, read 3,125,640 times
There has been a Chick-Fil-A on Route 1 in South Attleboro for several years.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
And Chipotle, Dig Inn, Sweetgreen, and Smashburger aren't chains? Oh, and Bruegger's on that block, which still blows my mind at the traffic it regularly gets.

I'm but one person in 02116, but I'd say it's anti-gay/Christian leadership does much more damage around here than the fact it's just another fast food chain. Boylston actually kinda thrives on fast casual chains for the lunch crowd, with Sweetgreen and Dig Inn for the healthy types, Chipotle for the suits on lunch breaks, and Wendy's for the construction crews.

I'd say the other factor is this area is already hitting critical mass on sh*t chicken joints, and Chik-Fil-A is not above-the-fray quality chicken despite what its fanboys may say. Even you seem to have more memories of the fries and mac and cheese than you do the chicken. In addition to the chains like Wendy's and Smashburger already with chicken offerings, you've also got upstarts like CGK on Newbury and ghost kitchens on delivery like It's Just Wings. Hell, even BK's getting in on the chicken sandwich craze now.

We need another chicken chain like we need another Starbucks.
Correcting my own post on one item — just walked by and it’s not a Bruegger, it’s a Finagle-a-Bagel. Still don’t get the popularity.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:09 AM

11,123 posts, read 4,278,611 times
Quote:
Chik-Fil-A is not above-the-fray quality chicken despite what its fanboys may say. Even you seem to have more memories of the fries and mac and cheese than you do the chicken.
*cough*

Quote:
As a vegan of over 30 years, I don't eat chicken

Old 08-25-2021, 10:34 AM

11,123 posts, read 4,278,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
When places expand the quality seems to go downhill. I've heard this is why IN & out burger has never expanded beyond the west coast

In-N-Out is also in Texas. All of their restaurants are within 300 miles of their California and Texas facilities. They won't expand beyond that because they refuse to use frozen patties.

Old 08-25-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
*cough*
Yeah, responded to the OP then read the follow-up post later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston