Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2023, 01:54 PM

109 posts, read 99,085 times

Advertisements

Water submeter = utility meter inside an apartment that allows a landlord to bill tenants for their consumption.

I live in Malden, and my landlord overcharges me for water and sewer. Two months ago, maintenance came by surprise to check the submeter but didn’t say what was wrong. After that, the water bills show estimate readings different from what I’m registering. The most recent estimate indicates a number that my submeter registered six days after the end of the billing cycle. In addition, the rate by gallon shows variation during the last three bills.

I am being polite and refraining from accusations. However, I’m almost sure something irregular is happening on my landlord’s part because I can’t still explain the surprise visit to check the submeter. I contacted the office to see how that could be fixed, but I am still waiting for a response.

My next step is finding someone for submeter testing. What company or person not related to my landlord can help me with that?

Last edited by diegomar2007; 01-11-2023 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2023, 05:21 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,668,728 times
Why don't you call the Water Department or Inspectional Services in Malden and ask if they can look into it? All of what you referenced could be easily explained, or there may be something nefarious going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: