U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-23-2007, 09:14 AM

1,590 posts, read 3,169,241 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning to visit Boston sometime later this year and are looking for some suggestions as to where we should stay. We want to be right downtown and close to the "T" and would like not to have to spend an arm and a leg for a room. I like the idea of smaller venues, boutique hotels or even a bed and breakfast would be a consideration. Can any of you "natives" suggest some options for us? Also, once there we will of course need to eat so if any of you have any restaurant suggestions you'd care to share we would be grateful. We live in Texas and it has been a long time since we were last there so the memories have faded a bit. Thanks in advance for anything you can suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestion johnycakes however when I checked out their website it appears that the room rates are quite a bit higher than I wanted to spend. I would much rather apply my dollars to nice restaurants, sight-seeing (sunset cruise on the harbor) and shopping. But after looking at the hotel you suggested I did check on the availability of B&Bs and there are actually several that might fit the bill. Thanks anyway.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:49 PM

648 posts, read 1,897,582 times
Redrover, if you like good Itallian food, then make sure you check out the North End. There is an amazing variety of places to eat, most of them very good. But, Mamma Maria and Terramia are really nice. And make sure you take a Cannoli or two back to your room from Mike's Pastry on Hannover St. They are unbelievable!

Old 01-23-2007, 09:48 PM

1,815 posts, read 7,739,569 times
The regular room rate for most Hotel in Downtown Boston is $250-400. Summer is the high tourist season in Boston. It may be hard to find lower rates. However, check AAA and other travel website. There are AAA discounts and other package discounts. As you probably know, if you can be a little flexable in your travel dates, you may be able to get lower rate.

Boston Park Plaza (an older hotel) in Copley Square usually have lower rate.

You may want to consider hotels in Cambridge. There are some hotels in Harvard square. You can take the T in Harvard. There are others just a short walk or a cab ride (or Trolley) to downtown.

Brookline also have a few hotel/motels. You can get on to the T. Newton and Waltham has a few also but may be a little too far from downtown.

Good luck

Old 01-24-2007, 03:47 PM

Thanks for the advice y'all. The funny thing is that I was actually born in Cambridge (Mt. Auburn Hospital) and my mother was born and raised in Boston's suburbs (including Newton and Waltham and a graduate of Dana Hall) but it might as well be a foreign country to me.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:12 PM

1,815 posts, read 7,739,569 times
Default Welcome back!

Mt. Auburn Hospital still here. Not much have changed (except prices!)

Oh no... not one of those private all girl school graduates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston