Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 PM

28 posts, read 135,275 times

Advertisements

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I would like a fresh perspective.

Now, this may seem like a ridiculous question but I've lived in Southern California my entire life so my winter wardrobe consists of sweaters, one or two jackets, and that's it. I can also get away with wearing heels to the office pretty much every day, save for a few days during the rainy season.

I'm assuming the average Bostonian just bundles up like everyone else during Winter. But what about those who work in corporate environment? Should I bundle up for the walk to the 'T' and then change when I get to the office?
How does a young professional woman dress during the harsh Boston winter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 08:41 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,921 times
Wear a pea coat, I tended to dress more conservatively when I lived in Boston and the peacoat did me good, I'm sure it would look great on a slimmer lady.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 PM

284 posts, read 1,167,217 times
I usually wear a peacoat, hat, gloves, scarf over my work clothes. When it's wet and rainy I wear boots and bring shoes with me. I have a personal issue with Uggs (I think they look goofy, but tons of college student wear them!) so I wear Merrell Spire Peak boots. They go all the way up my calf and I just tuck my pants inside. When it's super cold and wet (35 degrees and under), I prefer to wear my North Face parka instead of peacoat. No need to change at work really.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 PM

28 posts, read 135,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemiJP View Post
I usually wear a peacoat, hat, gloves, scarf over my work clothes. When it's wet and rainy I wear boots and bring shoes with me. I have a personal issue with Uggs (I think they look goofy, but tons of college student wear them!) so I wear Merrell Spire Peak boots. They go all the way up my calf and I just tuck my pants inside. When it's super cold and wet (35 degrees and under), I prefer to wear my North Face parka instead of peacoat. No need to change at work really.
Yeah, I'm mostly concerned with the bottom half of my body: pants and footwear.
I was thinking of doing the "tuck your pants into your boots" thing. Is that usually acceptable to wear at work if it's super cold or snowing?
Maybe I could do something like this, and then change into pumps when I get to work

Good God, I hate Uggs. Especially when people do this:
Moderator cut: image removed

Old 07-29-2008, 09:24 PM

284 posts, read 1,167,217 times
Ha, the first pic is definitely representative of the "going to work" look. At my office, we all have a boxes under our desks filled with shoes to change into! If you don't want to change once to get to work, a common outfit could be a sweater, with a wool skirt, warm leggings or tights with nice leather boots. And you will be shocked to see that people actually try to rock that little ensemble in the second pic when it's like 40 degrees out! Barf!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: