U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-11-2008, 04:22 AM

13 posts, read 36,875 times
Default Spanish (Spain) grocery stores in Boston?

Are there any Spanish (Spain) grocery stores in Boston?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,906,592 times
None that I can think of, but you can find certain Spanish products in speciaity markets. Formaggio Cheese in Cambridge (they also have a smaller store in the South End) carries Spanish meats, cheeses, olive oil and spices, for example.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybarra View Post
Are there any Spanish (Spain) grocery stores in Boston?

Thanks.
Thanks for the info. I didn't really think there would be, but thought it would be worth asking. We'll definitely check out Formaggio when we come. I also heard about Las Ventas deli that stocks Spanish foods.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:05 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,906,592 times
There are some good Spanish restaurants here (my favorites are Toro and Estragon in the South End, with Dali and Tapeo being a distant third and fourth) so hopefully you will be able to get a fix of home cooking when you need it.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:30 PM

230 posts, read 735,185 times
Depending on what you need, some British shops might be able to help you with things. A lot of Spanish stuff is Spanish-oriented, but a lot of the things that you consider things from home are more Euro-wide, so English shops might help. Just a thought. :-)

Old 08-13-2008, 02:10 AM

That's great to have some restaurant suggestions. We'll definitely give them a try. Thanks. As for the English shops, I'll do a google search for some, but is there a particular one you know of that's good?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:18 AM

2 posts, read 7,222 times
Spanish, don't think so. Latino yes, and in some suburbs too. Al Capone's in Union Square Somerville is Spanish speaking and has many European foods hard to find here. Also home made pasta.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:51 PM

9 posts, read 33,860 times
Default Las Ventas at 700 Harrison

There is a little specialty shop in the South End at 700 Harrison Ave owned by a Spaniard called "Las Ventas". They import cheeses, chocolates, meats, et al... lots of nice treats from Spain and they also make authentic Spanish deli sandwiches.

Next door is Estragon -- a tapas restaurant that has never disappointed. The Spanish meat dishes are cooked and seasoned to near perfection and among the finest I've ever had, particularly the "cowboy steak" (English translation). I've been to Spain and it's probably the cheapest way to experience it in Boston w/o leaving. I'm Scotch-English so I can be objective

Last edited by Theseus; 10-06-2008 at 12:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston