U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:18 PM

53 posts, read 241,155 times

Advertisements

Oh -it's wonderful, Bedford, and there are many towns with alot to offer in the vicinity. Families everywhere, great libraries, schools, activities. If Bedford doesn't have what you're looking for, the town over will. It's just a great area.

Thanks for the info about Boston. Once I get a minute (and the weather warms up) I'll check things out over there. It's our alternative to Miami, believe it or not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 664 times
We are thinking to move to Boston on January and we have two kids? Reading the comments we feel overwhelmed due to the bad reputation of raising a family there. Still we like to pursue the option but love to have perspective from a family with kids and what do you recommend, place to live and school, after reading at Boston.com we found the Brookline is a good place. We need to answer to our company if we accept the job there, but before jumping into conclusion we really like to have perspective and if someone could suggest how much we need to live average per month

Old 10-06-2010, 09:44 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,527,199 times
Hi Mecheve,

I find the comments in this thread fairly inaccurate. I have three children in the Boston Public Schools, and am almost daily impressed by the hard work and dedication of the teachers and administrators, and the quality of the learning environment. I have every expectation that my children will thrive and go on to the college of their choice. Having a family in Boston is a wonderful experience, especially if you pick a neighborhood that has a strong family vibe. I live in Roslindale which is packed with young families, who took a leap of faith and decided to stay in the city with kids. There are all manner of youth activities available, good schools, great parks, etc. Rozzy is a bit out from the core area most people picture when they think of Boston, so it is a bit less crowded (we have a back yard), but is still very much an urban setting with restaurants and bakeries and transit all at a walkable distance. My kids love this environment and are always eager to walk some where or take the subway in to town.

Urban life is like anything else -- it is good if you work to make it good. If you aren't looking for an experience that requires your input, you might do better in a suburb, but if you want to pick a neighborhood and join your neighbors to make it great, there are a lot of good options in Boston. And the schools are the same way -- you get what you put in to them. Active parental involvement is the key to a good school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston