Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,738 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
Thanks in advance for reading my post. My wife was recently admitted to a BC grad program. We would like her commute time to be around 30 mins or less and are looking for a good apartment in the area. Our price range is $1500 - $1750 and we'd prefer a 2 bdrm. We would prefer a quiter location, but are not stuck on this. We previously lived in St. Louis in Lafayette Square which had a lot of old renovated factory buildings. I was wondering if Boston has similar Apartment complexes? If anyone could give me any advice I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks!
Chad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,190,341 times
I'm not optimistic given your price range. That would get you a 1BR probably, but not in the trendy parts of downtown.

Lowell and Haverhill have these types of rentals and condos, although 35+ miles north. Check Craigslist and type "mill, warehouse, schoolhouse, converted, etc." in the search box.

Dorchester has the Baker Chocolate Factory lofts, a bit cheaper than living downtown. It's in a good area of Dot (nickname) but maybe again too far to BC.

You are targeting 30 min. to BC by car or subway?...or will your workplace also be an option for commuting?

The Charlestown section of Boston has a few lofts, but likely higher costs. (Mezzo Lofts are on the Somerville border in Charlestown).

The lofts I know of in the Boston area are too $$ for your limit, or are condos but not rentals.

There's a converted schoolhouse in Quincy with rentals, but too far to BC perhaps.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:45 AM

613 posts, read 2,307,577 times
East Cambridge has the Glass Factory Condos. They are condos for sale, but owners may be renting units. The Seaport District/Fort Point Channel area in Boston has a number of lofts and renovated warehouse buildings. I don't know if your price range will get you 2 bedrooms in and around Boston though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston