U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 06:51 AM

3 posts, read 7,455 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Apologies if this post has been up before. Quick Question:

My wife and I are moving to the Boston area. She will be working at MGH and I am looking at a position in Framingham. We're interested in living in South End. Just wondering what I can expect in terms of a commute from South End to Framingham. Do the trains run out that far? I'll have a car also, so driving is an option.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 AM

967 posts, read 4,277,768 times
You could take the train from Back Bay to Framingham but there are two problems with that:
a) Getting from the Framingham train station to your work (unless they have a shuttle, which some big companies do, it's unlikely that your work is walking distance from downtown Framingham) However, if your work does have a shuttle it would be a pretty hassle-free way to go.
b) Limited schedule options - Here's the "outbound" schedule going from Boston west out to Framingham and beyond: MBTA Commuter Rail > Framingham / Worcester Lines Schedules and Maps

Old 05-09-2009, 10:18 PM

5 posts, read 25,424 times
I commute from Watertown to Framingham. Although I don't have to deal with Boston traffic the Pike is fine heading to Framingham in the morning since it's going in the other direction of traffic. So I assume it's fine closer to Boston. The commute at night is fine as well. The only problems I encounter are on Friday afternoons around the tolls. Make sure you get a fast pass (they are free to get)- even though they don't help sometimes! Good luck and welcome to Mass!

Old 05-24-2009, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,103 times
I used to commute from the South End to Southborough (exit 12 on the Pike - Framingham is either exit 13 or exit 12) and it was a pretty easy reverse commute by car. A fast pass (for the tolls) is critical and it took 35-45 minutes in the morning and for later evening commutes (i.e. after 6:30/6:45). Earlier departures in the evening were more like 1 - 1.15 hours.

Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or