Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 04:15 PM

13 posts, read 46,824 times

Advertisements

Interested in your thoughts about this sickness. I hope we can use common courtesy and sence.. wash hands ,cough and sneeze away from others. Responsible things to do..
Tissues & hand sanitizar wipes available when we are not home.. And as reccomended stay home if we feel symptoms.. Any other suggestions?
Can we not panic so that it doesnt impact Our Health & economy?
I hope we can stay strong and calm positively thru this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,836 times
Lysol kills swine flu virus. Buy a can of lysol, you'll feel better.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:44 PM

4 posts, read 22,875 times
One thing I saw recommended was not going to the emergency room if you suspect you have swine flu, since you'll be in the waiting room (with a lot of other people) for a long time while more serious emergencies are dealt with. Just go to your doctor instead.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:50 PM

967 posts, read 4,785,051 times
I also heard that people who suspect they have swine flu should call their doctor's office ahead of time instead of just showing up to be seen so they can make appropriate accomodations.

Also, there was an interesting story about the origins of such illnesses coming from factory farms because they keep animals in such close confinement and aren't regulated very well (in the US and elsewhere) in terms of waste disposal. This is a breeding ground for pathogens and also has caused contamination of nearby aquifers. Scary stuff.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:33 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
I suppose out of courtesy to the rest of us, if you think that you have swine flu, wear a surgical mask while outside your dwelling and on the way to your doctor. Bring a handkerchief to cough into. Just try not to spread your germs around. Otherwise, just stay home from work or school until you get better. Have a friend drop off any necessary medications or food on your doorstep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston