U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 AM

16 posts, read 44,412 times

Advertisements

Hi, im going to Boston like maybe the second week of june, and i want to know if there any hotels thats under 100$ a night. i know it's hard to find one nowadays but its would be nice if there are.

thank you

Well the title of this thread suppose to be Cheaper Hotels in Boston.

Last edited by Rich08Mart; 05-12-2009 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: title sounds weird
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 AM

7,336 posts, read 15,302,120 times
check out hotwire.com. it's the best way to stay in cities like Boston, NYC, DC, Chicago, etc. you won't know the name of the hotel until after you pay (to protect the privacy of the hotels offering the discounted rooms), but it'll give you a neighborhood and star rating. For Boston, you can trust that anything in the Faneuil Hall/ Financial District, Back Bay/Copley Square area and Leather District is going to be a great deal. There should be some rooms for under 100/night.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 AM

2,050 posts, read 3,461,317 times
Too late for the OP, but for others:

I met two different visitors in August who only paid $93-$95 for the Westin Waterfront and the new Renaissance hotel -- both via Hotwire or Priceline. Great value!

The YWCA on Berkeley St. in the good part of the South End has rooms with shared bath, plus full breakfast, for BOTH men and women. It's about $59 per person (plus tax?) when I checked in the summer. I always thought it only allowed females. Males can only stay three nites. Must have id and luggage when signing in.

The YWCA on Clarendon is pricier...and nicer. Not sure if men are allowed. The YMCA on Huntington has few rooms in recent yrs. -- Northeastern now uses many of the rooms for dorms, I think.

Gateway Inn is an ordinary motel in the furthest part of Cambridge from Boston, about $89-$99.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:16 AM

639 posts, read 3,188,223 times
YES, GO to the Hotwire site for a room in Boston, it's incredible. In early August I stayed a night in the Seaport District right at the new Marriott Renaissance Waterfront Hotel for under $100 for the night, it was WELL worth it to stay there. The room overlooked beautiful Boston Harbor on one side & the World Trade Center; also we were able to look out at all the sailboats cruising the harbor that afternoon, then on the other side to the left was the new Convention Center. Oh what a stunning room it was! It was well worth getting it for under $100 a night. It's got the silver line right outside their door as well for getting in to the Financial district or the Back Bay area of town. Also what I loved is their Starbucks being right in their lobby. The Pavillion for shows & concerts in the warmer weather is right around the corner & just across the street from this hotel. The parking could have been done by the valet service if you want, BUT it was over $40, so instead opt to park next door, there underground parking garage is directly in where that new J. Pace Italian deli is located, right downstairs and you just come up and walk in back of this building and voila, the hotel was right there and you save $$$ if you park there, it's a gem and SO convenient:

Phone: 617-204-9225
Adjacent to the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
275 Northern Ave.
Rates: 1st hour $8, 1-2 hours $16, 2-10 hours $20, 10-24 hours $27
Driving Directions: Take a right on D Street. At the first light take a rightonto Northern Ave. The garage will be on your right.

All the outdoor patio restaurants are all right there and around the corner like Salvatore's and Legal's Test Kitchen AND as I said, the fairly new location for J. Pace's Italian deli, it's quite an area to be in these days. You can also walk to the Dry Dock Cafe from here which was a plus for my friends and I. It's the latest cafe rage for the waterfront area, especially good for seafood, so remember this one! You can get all kinds of daily seafood specials for just $10 a plate, it's incredible there, it's a local yocal favorite. It's usually just open for breakfast and lunch and the lines are out the door and around the corner most days, but on Thursday and Friday nights it's also open for dinner, so if you get the chance, GO there some day, it's SO great. It's one of those "BYOB" on those nights too, so you can bring a bottle of wine or something there. It's well worth it:

Dry Dock Cafe - Boston Restaurant - MenuPages Diners & Coffee Shops Restaurant Search

Eventually they plan on having more shopping thru the Seaport district, in fact, Louis of Boston is moving there from what we're hearing around here, that was certainly good news to here, that means the others will follow once they see how well they do thru here. The game plan is to have it like the Pru shops with a movie theater around there eventually. Right now the Institute of Contemporary Art is there as well as several restaurants and a few great hotels such as the Renaissance, the Seaport Hotel and the Westin, I think I read some where that the Hilton Garden Inn is being put there soon too.

So to conclude my spiel, go to HOTWIRE or even PRICELINE for a room in Boston. I went with HOTWIRE and it was definitely worth it, I couldn't believe it was for the Renaissance, it worked out great in the end....in fact, you won't want to pay full price any more once you go this route with HOTWIRE!

Last edited by CityGirl52; 10-23-2009 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston