U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 11:13 PM

4,625 posts, read 8,540,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbraddo View Post
seriously? that's my place? maybe i could settle down there and then do the touring east coast thing, some shows in Boston...hmm
I disagree. PVD is a good alternative to BOS only if you really want to be around BOS. BUt if BOS is the written in stone, I'd suggest Austin Tx. You can live there cheap and the whole town is all about nothing but music (and UT). If you're bent on coming to the northeast, I'd go for the whole enchilada and that would be NYC. Otherwise I'd suggest LA - or the west coast Portland or Seattle. Better weather anyways.

The other thing worth mentioning IMB is you don't have to be anywhere to become big in music anymore. If you can write and record and put it on the internet you can have as much success as by toting Marshall stacks day in day out. Write your music, make some online connections, see where it leads you. If you get hot on MySpace, that would give you more credibility to approach polygram.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty View Post
Great advise....Bostonian08 Too bad I cannot repu you again.

So many musicians roaming the streets of Boston... play in the subway...
Thanks Smarty - I should know. I'm a proud Boston music scene washout myself.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:26 PM

746 posts, read 3,118,056 times
Any musician who wants to grow their talent and options looks for places with a variety of musical styles and where crossing over is not only allowed, but encouraged. Being 19 or 20 is only the beginning of a career, and it is one reason so many choose Boston to start out. Successful musicians develop and evolve their own style, they don't copy others IMHO.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:57 PM

14 posts, read 23,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
I disagree. PVD is a good alternative to BOS only if you really want to be around BOS. BUt if BOS is the written in stone, I'd suggest Austin Tx. You can live there cheap and the whole town is all about nothing but music (and UT). If you're bent on coming to the northeast, I'd go for the whole enchilada and that would be NYC. Otherwise I'd suggest LA - or the west coast Portland or Seattle. Better weather anyways.

The other thing worth mentioning IMB is you don't have to be anywhere to become big in music anymore. If you can write and record and put it on the internet you can have as much success as by toting Marshall stacks day in day out. Write your music, make some online connections, see where it leads you. If you get hot on MySpace, that would give you more credibility to approach polygram.
I cant help but to think that Texas is all about Country music. Or Metal. I think I'm giving up with the world, besides London there is no place for me.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I cant help but to think that Texas is all about Country music. Or Metal. I think I'm giving up with the world, besides London there is no place for me.
You can't beat the UK for great music.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:38 PM

14 posts, read 23,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
You can't beat the UK for great music.
you would not happen to know how hard it would be to live there for a few years would it? how could i do that you think?

but for now Austin TX is my best place i guess.. it's a nice city from what im researching.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
you would not happen to know how hard it would be to live there for a few years would it? how could i do that you think?

but for now Austin TX is my best place i guess.. it's a nice city from what im researching.
To stay in the Uk or anywhere in the EU it's best to have dual citizenship or be sponsored by someone who you know there. Also if you're considering college, go to a college there and live in a dorm. Other than that, well your tourist visa is rather short. Got any facebook friends in London?

Austin is probably your best bet IMB. It's cheap, and all about music. London Hotels average $200 per night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston