U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:22 PM

17 posts, read 42,631 times

Advertisements

If you're not too picky about location, try Malden. They have this new apartment complex next to Oak Grove station. It's less than 5 minute walk to the complex and they just completed this thing. They've been renting it out but I think there are still plenty of vacancies left... I might be wrong. They're really nice and new/loft-list and $1600 sounds like a good fit.

- Very nice high end apartment feel
- Incredibly short walking distance to T
- 35 minutes to Back Bay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 05:14 PM

6 posts, read 8,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Giorgio View Post
ravensgc_5, I hope you can help me. I am moving to Charlestown in a few weeks but we are debating whether to keep one or two cars. My wife will definitely need one but I'm not so sure about me, I have to commute to East Cambridge but apparently public transportation kinda sux off Charlestown. What's you advice, should I keep the car? Is there a shuttle perhaps we don't know off? Thanks.
If you can beat the morning and nightly traffic it is definitely nice to have a car. What public transportation were you planning on using? I currently catch the Orange line T into the city which isn't bad if you go into work early or late (there is one stretch of time in the morning where it is near impossible to get on because it is so packed).

I don't know of any shuttles, but I know in some apartment communities have them. I haven't taken the bus anywhere here in Charlestown so I can't really comment on that.

If you could post here or send me an e-mail on the area you live in I might be able to give you a little more information about what your options are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston