Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 06:38 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times

Advertisements

Help! I'm on a hunt for fried clams in or around Boston.

Terrible craving!!!

What are your suggestions?

Thanks!!!

W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 06:56 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,476 times
Head over to Wolliston(sp) Blvd. at the beach in Quincy, there are a number of clam shacks over there.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:07 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Thanks, but I'm thinkin' boston.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:56 PM

45 posts, read 199,615 times
Ipswich Clambake on Rt 1A Ipswich. Better than Woodmans, Farnhams or the Clambox.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:47 AM

639 posts, read 3,528,060 times
Right in Boston go to the Yankee Lobster located at 300 Northern Ave. It's extremely reasonable & quite good there. It reminds you of the seafood places in Maine & southern NH., or Ipswich only right in town along the waterfront. Go to their site to see what I mean and click on "menu":

Yankee Lobster Fish Market (http://www.yankeelobstercompany.com/menu.htm - broken link)

There's also the Fish Pier too that's really good in Southie along East Broadway:

The Fish Pier Restaurant & Market: Home

Another really good seafood place to go to in Boston is right over in East Boston called Belle Isle Seafood, it's especially great for lobster rolls, so remember that. There seafood plates are awesome there too. Here's their site to check it out:

belleisleseafood.com

The No Name restaurant on the waterfront was really great 10-15 years ago, but they've been resting on their laurels for far far to long. It's NOT what it used to be, that's for sure. We tried it about a year and a half ago and I swore I'd never step foot in there again, after that visit. It was nothing to write home about believe me. We were all so disappointed. I should have known with the mixed reviews on the "Trip Advisor" site that we usually rely on, but didn't with that visit. We always see bus loads of tourists going there, so obviously they rely on that type of group for business. We used to walk down there from the Financial District quite a bit when it was in it's hay day, but a lot of people stopped going there. There prices went thru the roof about 15 years ago or so, huge change with it, so a lot of people stopped going there since then.

Other than these other great spots we head to Kelly's at any of their locations, OR like the poster mentioned, Ipswich has the Ipswich Clam Bake, the Clam Box, Farnham's & Woodman's, all awesome in their own unique ways.

A few more good ones for fried clams are Kelly's Landing on L Street in Southie, they have excellent excellent clams & other seafood in large portions on their menu. They have a really nice room for dining there & the waitstaff are very friendly & helpful. ALSO another gem is Tony's Clam Shop in Wollaston, GO there some day, the clams are wonderful there too! It's a seasonal place though, but they're open now as of the beginning of April:

www.tonysclamshop.com

Good luck, enjoy the clams in and around Boston.
Well, that's about it for Fried Clams....see ya, have a good one!

Last edited by CityGirl52; 06-07-2009 at 02:47 AM..

Old 06-13-2009, 03:32 PM

107 posts, read 287,256 times
The Barking Crab

Old 06-14-2009, 04:48 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
What about Kelly's Roast Beef? They have several locations now.

Kelly's Roast Beef Locations - Creator of the Original Roast Beef Sandwich

And there's also Dairy Joy in Weston along Rt. 117.

I know, not Boston proper, but all my Chinese friends go to either Kelly's or that Dairy Joy for fried clams. When I worked for Anthony's Pier 4, I thought their fried clams very good. Fried clams aren't cheap these days though. Otherwise, Chinatown is the place to go for fried soft shell crabs or fried squid.

What about No Name Restaurant? And I've heard good things about Moultons Seafood, Winthrop St, Medford about their fried clams. And I found this list online:

http://www.boorah.com/restaurants/66...ied-clams.html

Finding easy decent parking in Boston is a pain, which is probably why my friends go to that Dairy Joy or the Kelly's in Natick for their fried clam fix. And they live in Brookline.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:49 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,997,347 times
That's a bummer about the No Name. What a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston