U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 02:21 PM

639 posts, read 2,535,252 times

Advertisements

I commuted from Newburyport via the MBTA commuter rail for years, also drove I-95. I worked in Andover for the last 10 years though. Now, I drive down from southern NH to Andover daily and it's not bad at all on 495 & I'm on I-93 for 2 or 3 exits before I have to get off it, plus I'm going south on it, it's nothing in the late afternoon to zip down there, BUT early in the morning going in to Boston? YES, it can be brutal driving it. Very slow, tons of traffic in the late late afternoon too! That's what I see quite a bit heading in to my 2nd shift with the 4 to 1 AM time frame, we see quite a lot of traffic heading north, bumper to bumper, where on my side of the road we're zipping along just fine. Your best bet would be to take the T in to Boston if that's where you or your spouse ends up working, that is.

Another thought for you is the town of Beverly along the coast may be? There you could take the commuter rail right in to North Station too, it's always been a nice area to live, it'll be part of Cape Ann too which gets really great write ups all the time online for being a great place to live all year round. It's just north of Lynn & Nahant, not too far at all. You should see the two houses on there under 250,000 I just saw! The only thing I didn't like about one of them is that it has oil heat. It's way too much $$$ in my mind to heat a house with that oil rather than gas heat. It's a pain too, so that's what you have to consider. Really cute houses though, they might be too small, ones 1128 square feet and the other one is 1011 square feet and that one is the really nice one, I love the deck out back and the cute yard!

You might want to be over by I-93, off hours and not when every one is trying to get to work or trying to get home, you wouldn't mind living there. I'm looking in Tewksbury myself! That's another place that you should check out. I saw one with an updated kitchen asking 249 in Tewksbury, you'd like living there, I have it on my agenda for the near future. This house has a fireplace & a newer roof, 1128 square feet, with a detached garage, gas heat with radiators (steam), so look at it to see what you think on the realtor site. Check thru No. Andover though too, I love it thru there myself....I've seen some really nice homes for short money thru there, the taxes are higher there & I bet that has a lot to do with it. You see the tax shoot right up as soon as you get thru that area!

Keep checking them out...you never know, ones going to come along when you least expect it...

Last edited by CityGirl52; 06-20-2009 at 02:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston