Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:56 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,126,695 times

Advertisements

I left MA and came south 2 years ago, and I was afraid I would hate the summer here. This will be my 3rd summer here (moved in Aug 07) and I have to say summer days in the high 80s and low 90s doesn't bother me at all, and since my home (and every other building) has central A/C, I'm quite comfy. We get 6 months of "New England summer" during spring and fall, where it's warm and dry, and the winters here are in the 50s, 60s, or even 70s during the day.

New England does have some of the worst weather in the country. Winter that hangs on into April, and summer that barely arrives in July. Sure, when the weather is actually nice, it's very nice, but that window of opportunity is pretty short. I get your summer for most of my year, without any need to suffer through the rest of the crap. New England is beautiful, but you guys are just kidding yourselves if you think the weather isn't crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 06:59 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,500,795 times
I'm sorry but this weather is out of control. I'm at my beach house all summer and have only stepped foot on the beach once out of sheer mulishness. My porch is always wet, I can't even put out the chair cushions because I'll only have to take them in a few minutes later. I pick my kids up at camp and they have to run a relay line to bring them to the car to keep them out of the path of lightening.

It would be one thing if we were coming off a long hot summer, but we've just come off a long hard winter and this sucks!!!

I just thank god I don't live in Maine. My parents just called from Bar Harbor and said it was 48 degrees. Holy moly.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:21 AM

3,075 posts, read 5,623,274 times
I've only wore shorts once this year so far...and that was when I was in Texas in June. It looks like this weekend is supposed to be nice. We are already heading towards the end of summer. At least if feels that way after July 4th. Early Fall weather has been nice though, but I just don't look forward what comes after the fall as the winter seems to last so much longer than any other season.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:15 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,500,795 times
Watch, September will hit and it will be in the 90s and muggy.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 AM

6,550 posts, read 6,592,795 times
Perfect summer has been here in the DC area. We've been in between the Southern heat and Northern drizzle. Low 80s with low humidity. Warm enough to jump in the pool, but not oppressively hot where everyone stays inside.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:48 PM
miu

17,762 posts, read 40,025,663 times
The weather was perfect on the 4th and the 5th of July. Today, the weather is also perfect.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:51 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,398,933 times
Default Winter-Summer-Fall oh myq

Enough complaining all-ready guys :P We all know the minute we have over 3 days of 90 degrees in August, and the humidity everyone will forget about the cold and rainy weather and all you'll hear is "Its too hot, its too hot, its too humid..---blah blah--Enjoy it while we have it! :-)

Old 07-09-2009, 07:26 PM

68 posts, read 182,516 times
Well, everyone is made different. I lived in AZ for 2 1/2 yrs and absolutely hated that triple digit weather. I love did everything I could to get back to MA - even ended up renting instead of buying a home (because I lost so much and couldn't afford to buy a home here back then). I think I would have crawled back on my hands and knees if that's what it took - and I've never regretted it. (It took a few months of triple digit weather before I realized just how much I hated it... I even hated the constant sunshine - having grown up in the Boston area, I like clouds, and rain, and even snow - even if my aging body says otherwise, lol).

As for this weather pattern we are in - all I can say is: global climate change. Scary...

Old 07-09-2009, 08:36 PM

6,550 posts, read 6,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anouk_pantoufle View Post
all I can say is: global climate change.
how is it "global" if Mass. is getting it much worse than everyone else?

Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,126,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anouk_pantoufle View Post
all I can say is: global climate change.
It George Bush's and Dick Cheney's fault. If Al Gore had been in office since 2000, the sun would have been shining and it would have been 75 degrees for the past month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston