U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,262 times

Advertisements

I'm actually leaving Boston in August. Every section of Boston has good and bad areas. This includes Dorchester. I live in Roslindale, near the orange line. I have never had a break in, or any problems. JP is also nice, and is a 20 minute walk for me. I live near the Arboretum--which is ideal if you have dog(s). Boston is expensive, but these are the areas I know about.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-22-2009 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: advertising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 05:26 PM

5 posts, read 6,959 times
I live outside of boston about 30 minutes away and alot of people where i live work in boston but live aroundhere because the rents ar vry resonable its really nice not lots of problems at all i have kds and they realy are friendly here i did not row up here and i actually have to move to texas in august i really wish we didnt havto leave. But i think if you look aroundthe boston area you might like it too . Wer r u now?

Old 07-18-2009, 05:30 PM

5 posts, read 6,959 times
If you are on a low budget you might have to move a little further outside near taunton maybe

Old 07-21-2009, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 825 times
Moving to Boston end of August from Minneapolis. Will be attending Boston College. Would you suggest renting a vehicle to move my stuff or will I be able to find reasonably priced furniture, i.e. bed/mattress; dresser; etc. I can't decide if it is more economical to bring everything I think I need or buy once I get there.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:32 AM

6,007 posts, read 13,195,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves2140 View Post
Moving to Boston end of August from Minneapolis. Will be attending Boston College. Would you suggest renting a vehicle to move my stuff or will I be able to find reasonably priced furniture, i.e. bed/mattress; dresser; etc. I can't decide if it is more economical to bring everything I think I need or buy once I get there.

leave it behind. it's not worth the price of a rental and the cost of gas to drag over this stuff, unless they're priceless antiques or hold extreme sentimental value. there are plenty of discount furniture in Allston that sell cheap mattresses and other stuff (though it may not be Jordan Furniture quality). there's also Craigslist, though I'd suggest not buying any used upholstered items or beds (the Allston area has a bit of a bedbug problem last I heard)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or