Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 07:24 AM

36 posts, read 137,094 times

Advertisements

We'll be watching the fireworks from the Museum of Science parking garage roof this year. This is the first time we've done this, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for me. We'll be using public transportation, coming from RI. The website says the museum closes at 5 and the "event doors" (doors to the roof of the parking garage?!) open at 5:30. I see the fireworks don't start until 10:30. Yowza. That's a long time to be sitting on the roof of a parking garage! I'm wondering how this usually plays out in reality. Do people stake out their spot and hang out for five hours, or do most people show up closer to showtime? If I do the latter, will I regret it? I'll be accompanied by my 10 year old, and sitting in one spot for hours, doing nothing, is not his idea of fun. Nor is it mine, to be honest! I can't even tell from the MOS website whether they will be broadcasting the concert over speakers on the roof. Any experiences or tips that people can share would be greatly appreciated!

Shoot; I just looked at the commuter rail schedule and I don't see HOW we can possibly make it to the last train out of South Station (11:10) if the fireworks end at 11!

Last edited by INNYRI; 07-02-2009 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: add info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,414,174 times
Default MOS works

Set up your chairs close to the screen by the wall....so you can have a wall0viewing space for the fire-works as well (the wall that overlooks the charles river)

Get there early.

Also make sure you order the Lunch box if you want one
you have to reserve a box lunch before hand

Old 07-02-2009, 11:35 AM

Default charis by the wall

If you put your chairs close to the screen say up against the wall that way you can stand up and view the fireworks over the river, - and not be blocked by the wall..- of the garage
and be right near the screen too

Old 07-02-2009, 11:37 AM

Default Riverside "T"

Why not drive and park at Riverside and get the "D" green line up to Government Center or North Station (Whichever one you get) you could get off and wait for a Lechemere Car. (or if it was North Station you could even walk to the museum from there the back way)

or you could drive in to Braintree park at Braintree and take the "T" to Park st and wait for a Lechemere cahhh

either way it'd work

Old 07-04-2009, 07:47 AM

36 posts, read 137,094 times
Thanks for the tips! From the mentions of the screen, it sounds like they must broadcast the concert, which is good news. We're packing a picnic dinner so we're good there. As for the commute, I ended up calling the MOS and buying a parking pass for the Cambridgeside Galleria. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find parking if I just showed up and tried to find a space at Riverside (or any other place!) I know how crowded the commuter rail parking lot gets around here just on an average weekend, so I can only imagine that it will be even more crowded closer in to Boston on the 4th of July! I'm sure the drive home will be awful (I'm trying to figure out all these road closures!) but at least I know we'll be able to get in to see the show!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston