Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 01:38 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times

Advertisements

First trip to Fenway, not looking to drive into Boston. What are my best options, park and ride-wise? How late do the trains/busses run? How are the fares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Take I-90 to the Riverside Green Line station.

MBTA > Schedules & Maps > Subway > Riverside Station

Take the Green Line to the Fenway station.

That's it.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:51 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,414,174 times
Thumbs up Hynes Parking Garage

Take the Mass Pike to the Copley Square exit and then go to Hynes Convention center off Boylston St. and Park in the Hynes Garage
Pilgrim Parking - Hynes Auditorium Garage - Boston | nextstop.com (http://www.nextstop.com/p/bVnxRkBSfIY/pilgrim-parking-hynes-auditorium-garage/?guide=zpNOSdCuosA&card=5DBwwg5FBWE - broken link)

Its $15 for the game - Then you can walk from Hynes the back way to Fenway (about a 10-15 min walk from the ballpark)

or take the Cahhh to Riverside and take the "T" in..
make sure you purchase your return ticket ahead of time so you wont get stuck at the crowds at the station ---and can hop right on

----another option would be at the end of the game walk over to Hynes convention center stop and get on there, wait for a "D" train for the Riverside Station so you can get a seat. You'll prolly have better chance of getting on with an empty train and have less wait than at Kenmore square..-
and you might even get a seat.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 AM

Cool Directions to Pilgrim Parking Garage $15 game night parking

To get to the Hynes pahhkin garage for $15 compared to $40 or $50 at the game ---
take the Copley Square exit from the Pike
then take the left exit ramp
(not the right one)
and exit onto Huntingotn Ave. South
take Huntington to a R on Belvidere St. right after 111 Huntington Ave Building and the Prudential "T" station
then turn R on Dalton St.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:47 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,097,557 times
or just drive to the prudential center and take the "T"

Old 08-20-2009, 03:25 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,303,510 times
My grandfather parks at a gas station on Boylston St., a block or two from the park and Yawkey Way. However it's 40 or 50 dollars per car.

This doesn't really make much sense, spending a ton. But kudos to the people who profit well off stupid people like my grandfather. But then again my grandfather has a very unfavorable opinion to cities and people in them.

I usually park at Riverside and take the T in. Rarely I might park at Gainsborough St. on the Northeastern Campus and walk about 10-15 min to the park. But it might run like 10-20 bucks, I forget how much exactly. My friend went to Northeastern and gave me discount passes.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:41 PM

Cool Walk from the Pru

Dont bother taking the "T" from the PRU, you can walk down boylston and be at the ball-park the "back way" in about 20 min.
sure beats waiting for a packed green line car...

if you're leaving the park on the "T" make sure you walk to the Prudential "T" stop (The "E" ) train and get on there. it'll be less crowded since its not on the Kenmore line (As the B,C, and D) trains are. those trains will be jammed. and if you get on at Kenmore you'll be waiting for a long time.

Another option would be to walk - 5-10 min up comm ave and get on the "B" train at Blanford st. (the one right before Kenmore). or BU East.
that way the train won't be so crowded and you might grab a seat , still be prepared for huge crowded train

But its easier to walk to Fenway from the PRU or grab a cab for about $10-15 bucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston