Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2006, 09:27 PM

26 posts, read 273,065 times

Advertisements

I found this site Boston, Massachusetts Real Estate, Boston Relocation - RelocateAmerica (http://www.relocate-america.com/states/ma/cities/boston.htm - broken link)... it talks about what it's like in different suburbs. Gives you a picture like talk. If your a local, check it out and let me know what you thnk.

Last edited by Yac; 10-30-2007 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 PM

1,810 posts, read 10,461,276 times
That is a good description of Boston.

If you do a google search on "cost of living comparison", you can compare the city you are moving from and to regarding salary based on housing, tax, ... etc)

If you are looking for public school K-12 info in MA. All public information. They are all in MA department of education website. www.doe.mass.edu. Again, past performance is no guarantee of future results. A number uno school this year is could be number 30 next year. :-)

Old 07-31-2006, 11:59 PM

26 posts, read 273,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty
That is a good description of Boston.

If you do a google search on "cost of living comparison", you can compare the city you are moving from and to regarding salary based on housing, tax, ... etc)

If you are looking for public school K-12 info in MA. All public information. They are all in MA department of education website. www.doe.mass.edu. Again, past performance is no guarantee of future results. A number uno school this year is could be number 30 next year. :-)
You have a really good point. I found another site to share. It talks about "affordable living" in Boston and best places to raise a family. http://www.visitingnewengland.com/family.html

Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 AM

Those towns are definately good choices for the price. However, with the exception of Burlngton, Wakefield and Walpole, most towns he meitioned are at the Rt495 belt (2nd highway loop outside of Boston). Fairly soon, we'll be looking at the MA border towns like Attleboro, Uxbridge, Pepperell, Tyngsboro, ... for that price range. Many people looked at the map and say why not live in NH, CT and RI and commute to work when I am that close to the border. :-)

Old 11-13-2006, 11:46 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,160,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackielea View Post
You have a really good point. I found another site to share. It talks about "affordable living" in Boston and best places to raise a family. http://www.visitingnewengland.com/family.html
What is your opinion on raising a teen in the Beacon Hill,Back Bay area? We have always lived in the burbs and wanted some realistic insight how different it is in the city. Can you still get a neighborhood feel and connection...what about organized sports like you would get in a town? Forgive my naitivity.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:58 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,505,215 times
If your planning to live on Beacon Hill or Back Bay, your teen
will probably be attending one of the independant schools in
the area. H/His after school free time will be absorbed by sports
and school related clubs. Both my children attended independant
schools south of Boston. Between class and extra curriculum activities their school day ended around five.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:14 PM

Default Independent school?

Independant school = Private school?

Can you give some names and cost?

Old 12-03-2006, 02:29 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,505,215 times
Yes, private school. A great resource is www.privateschoolreview.com

Last edited by bgrasser; 12-03-2006 at 02:39 PM..

Old 02-16-2008, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 7,295 times
Unhappy 4 dogs in Boston burbs????

I am looking for a Boston suburb that allows 4 dogs (I have show dogs). So far all I see have a 3 dog per property limit so I have written each burb seperately for a response. I need to relocated for a job. Does anyone have experience off-hand????? Jos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston