Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:16 PM

21 posts, read 65,340 times

Advertisements

We may be moving out to Boulder. We check the prices and I understand why they are pricey??? So where in boulder should I avoid(crime and dirty area)? Then next question is regarding a more cheaper area out of town but safe?
Looking for a condo 2/2 one story or bedroom above the main room. Need washer and dryer in the unit. Is it possible to get a garage??
Thank you,
Bobbi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 02:02 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,470,946 times
How much do you want to spend? Where in Boulder will you be working? Do you want to live near the college/university or away from students? Are you renting or buying?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:43 PM

Thanks for the fast response.
I think I like pearl st mall area. We will be renting. Rather not live near college people. 1200-1500 a mo.
If it is cheaper in another town I guess I won't knock it down either.BTW I have never driven in snow will I be able to learn it fast.
Thank you again

Old 07-30-2010, 05:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobobbi View Post
Thanks for the fast response.
I think I like pearl st mall area. We will be renting. Rather not live near college people. 1200-1500 a mo.
If it is cheaper in another town I guess I won't knock it down either.BTW I have never driven in snow will I be able to learn it fast.
Thank you again
I think you'd be able to find soemthing at that price, though make no mistake, Boulder rents are pricey.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
Pearl Street apartment for 1200-1500..translations= 400-600 sqft. studio at best, keep in mind Boulder is more expensive than any city in the Inland Empire. Look at East and South Boulder.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:18 PM

Thank you Scott.
I look forward to getting out of Riverside. I am paying 975 a mo but it is a wall unit air conditioner! It's terrible. So you think I might learn to drive in it??

Old 07-31-2010, 02:29 PM

259 posts, read 601,687 times
My sister and her family live in CU married student housing. They have a teeny tiny two-bedroom apartment that's the crappiest place I've ever seen. Third-floor apartment with no AC and only a washer (no dryers allowed). They pay $1000 a month and were absolutely thrilled to find something that inexpensive. If you want to live inside the Boulder city limits, be prepared to pay a LOT of money for a not-so-great place.

On the other hand, my kids rent a house in Fort Collins. It's a mile from the CSU campus. It's a nice, large ranch with three bedrooms and a bath upstairs; a full basement with two more bedrooms, a bath and a huge laundry room; a covered patio; a beautiful yard; and an attached garage. For all this they pay $1000 a month, too. It just goes to show you how pricey Boulder is.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 AM

331 posts, read 990,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobobbi View Post
BTW I have never driven in snow will I be able to learn it fast.
I just moved to CO from living in Vermont for the past 5 years. I had never driven in snow before moving there. I think it doesn't snow nearly as much here (around Denver and Boulder) as it does there, and that the snow doesn't last very long throughout the day. My SUV has all-season tires on it, which aren't as extreme as snow tires. I've never been stuck in snow (though I've got 4wd). Driving in snow is the same as driving without snow, only you go slower and brake sooner. Just use good judgement.

Don't concern yourself about it. Driving in snow is easy. And at night, it's a lot of fun. I like to pretend I'm in a space shuttle going through stars... Then again, I'm a geek.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:00 AM

724 posts, read 1,934,019 times
'And at night, it's a lot of fun. I like to pretend I'm in a space shuttle going through stars... Then again, I'm a geek'

And that's the only way to be! Here I thought I was the only one who thought of that. (although, personally, I prefer an X-wing or something similarly cool).

Last edited by qfrost; 08-02-2010 at 11:59 AM..

Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotech View Post
Driving in snow is easy. And at night, it's a lot of fun. I like to pretend I'm in a space shuttle going through stars... Then again, I'm a geek.
Yes, yes, thanks for the awesome imagery. How about those rare times when it's that perfectly crunchy kinda Colorado snow that you can go pedal-to-the-metal va-voooooomm on !? AWESOME!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area