Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 11:14 AM

9 posts, read 26,161 times

Advertisements

Hello Colorado residents,

My husband and I are considering Broomfield, CO (and a few other places) to relocate to from Southern CA. CA weather is too hot for us for one thing (we get 0 snow and little rain here) and most of the year is warm. Fall is my favorite season though. But most importantly its way to expensive here for us. Apartments in my area go from $1300 all the way up to $2500+ for a one bedroom one bathroom. My husband and I would like to spend about $800 to $1000 for a 1 bedroom. My husband is making $10/hr here and Im making $15/hr. From what I understand Broomfield is in between Bolder and Denever so we would be perfectly between two bigger towns but not right in the center of the action.

Can any Broomfield CO residents tell me:
What do 1 bedroom apartments go for in your area?
What do 2 bedroom homes go for in your area?
Do the homes for sale usually come with pools? Or is it too cold there for many homes to have pools?
What do the average jobs (entry level office jobs) pay?
Are there any aquairums/zoos/water parks in your area? Fun things to do?
How much % is your state imcome tax? How much is your sales tax?
What is the weather like? I hear you get all four distinct seasons there?

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 02:00 PM

724 posts, read 1,933,351 times
As a fellow 'trapped-in-so-cal-hell' member, and frequent CO vistor, I can tell you the weather there is wonderful, especially if you hate our boring, hazy smog-tainted non-weather here. Our house hunting has never turned up a pool in the area, unless you're talking about a community pool (i.e., Bradburn, or apt. complexes). Fun things to do? You're joking, right? It's very, very outdoor activity friendly. And the best part - you don't have to sit in hours of traffic to get to them. I'll leave the rest to others here. Cheers.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
I think you have a lot of reseach to do before making such a move. I'll try to answer some of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny 25 View Post
Can any Broomfield CO residents tell me: (I live in Louisville, two towns to the west, and I've spent a lot of time in Broomfield due to my kids' participation in high school gymnastics at Broomfield High.)

What do 1 bedroom apartments go for in your area? From about $500/mo and up. I think the average is around $700-800.

What do 2 bedroom homes go for in your area? Don't know.

Do the homes for sale usually come with pools? Or is it too cold there for many homes to have pools? A lot of apartment complexes have pools. Most homes do not, though some have neighborhood pools. You can usually only swim outdoors about 3 months a year.

What do the average jobs (entry level office jobs) pay? Don't know for sure. I think about $12-15/hr. This is based on my DD's experience job hunting.

Are there any aquairums/zoos/water parks in your area? Fun things to do? Lots. Read through this forum.

How much % is your state imcome tax? Not sure. You can find the answer on google.How much is your sales tax? I the state share is 2.9%. There is county sales tax, special district sales taxes, and municipal taxes. I believe Broomfield's total sales tax is ~ 8%.

What is the weather like? I hear you get all four distinct seasons there?
Yes, four seasons. Do a search to learn more about Colorado's weather. It may not be to your liking. For ex, an average of 60" of snow each year.
Thank you!!
You're welcome! Good luck with your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area