U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,986,248 times

Advertisements

Congrats on the job! Have a safe trip here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 09:53 AM

724 posts, read 1,687,093 times
You lucky, lucky b.........! Good luck and safe driving!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:01 PM

2,020 posts, read 4,338,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseforyoureyes View Post
Thanks for all the info, guys! Because of the moving truck, I think we're just gonna play it safe and take the 40. In the future (for trips back and forth) we'll try the 70 when we've had a bit more practice driving wintry mountain roads... and no big truck trailing along.
Husband did get the job, btw! We're moving 11/28!
Congratulations and have a safe trip!
Just FYI when you get here... we don't put "the" before I-70 or any highways or interstates. It's just I-70 or I-25 etc. It will identify you as a Californian more than anything. Right qfrost?

Last edited by Neditate; 11-04-2010 at 01:12 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 02:55 PM

724 posts, read 1,687,093 times
What? Who? ME?? Never! Well, almost never. When people are reading....

Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 PM

18 posts, read 29,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
Congratulations and have a safe trip!
Just FYI when you get here... we don't put "the" before I-70 or any highways or interstates. It's just I-70 or I-25 etc. It will identify you as a Californian more than anything. Right qfrost?
Wow, that will definitely take some getting used to! I've lived in California my entire life... guess I'd better start practicing...

Old 11-04-2010, 08:46 PM

2,020 posts, read 4,338,090 times
I'm just poking a little fun at the CA lingo. No worries, doubtful anyone will hassle you about it.
Best of luck with your move!

Old 11-29-2010, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,016 times
Smile Just moved to Denver from Vegas

Hi we just moved from Vegas to Denver and went through the Rockies. It was really ok. We have a small Mazda and the largest uhaul truck they had. We were just fine. A couple of tips and a heads up: If the passes are closed be prepared to sleep over in the towns near vail. like Eagle so have that expense ready. Also make sure you have de-icer windshield washer fluid in your car BEFORE you leave CA. Other than that you should be great! You will LOVE Boulder it is really beautiful there and very nice people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseforyoureyes View Post
Hey all,

My husband interviewed in Boulder today - company flew him out for the weekend to look into the area, and we've decided on an apartment in Westminster if they give him an offer this week.

The biggest hurdle now (provided he gets the job) would simply be: the move.

We currently live in Southern California. What would the drive be like through the mountains near the end of November? Could we make it in two sedans and a moving truck if we're careful? Or would we be better off going below the mountains into New Mexico, and then heading up?

Obviously I'd rather save the time if we can, and enjoy the view, but I'm not sure how harsh driving conditions can get up there... wanted a bit of insight so we can make some preliminary contingency plans.

Thanks, much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area