Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 09:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,216 times

Advertisements

me and my husband live in Denver and want to move to Westminster/Bloomfield/Arvada- we actually have no idea where should we look and thats why i'm writing this message
we are in our 30's, I'm pregnant and this is going to be our first baby, we are jewish but not necessarily need a jewish area, we are looking for 3+ bed rooms house in a nice area with reasonable prices.
somewhere close to highways, to grocery stores, to good schools, the regular things...
I'll be happy to hear from anyone that knows/ lives in one of this areas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 AM

724 posts, read 1,933,875 times
Why do you want to move from Denver? I think it would be helpful to us if we knew what's wrong with where you are now, in order to suggest what might fulfill your needs.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:55 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,215,602 times
...And, to better zero in on areas, assuming you wish to buy, what is your price range for a home?

Old 03-22-2011, 08:57 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by one day away View Post
me and my husband live in Denver and want to move to Westminster/Bloomfield/Arvada- we actually have no idea where should we look and thats why i'm writing this message
we are in our 30's, I'm pregnant and this is going to be our first baby, we are jewish but not necessarily need a jewish area, we are looking for 3+ bed rooms house in a nice area with reasonable prices.
somewhere close to highways, to grocery stores, to good schools, the regular things...
I'll be happy to hear from anyone that knows/ lives in one of this areas!
I am an ex New Yorker--you made me laugh. When I saw you mistakely call Broomfield "Bloomfield"--the word reminded me, instantly, of Jewish New York--a part of life and people that I miss--then you say that you are Jewish--that really topped it.

You are not going to find a real ethnic Jewish area in these suburbs--not to my knowledge--so at least you know that you should not expect it.

This expanse of suburbs is really big and has many different areas and neighborhoods. You need to be more specific in what you need. What is your commute?? All these areas of houses available in nice areas with reasonable prices. I would also say, as other, Why do you want and need to leave Denver??

Also, you live close enough to do some exploring and learn more about these areas.

Livecontent

Old 03-24-2011, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,216 times
Well I am apologize for all the mistakes.. I'm new here in the US so my English is not so good...
glad I made you lough but I meant Broomfield of course (not Bloomfield).

The houses in Denver looked a little too old and expensive.. and we didn't really liked Stapelton, so we were thinking about going west a little bit, Wheat ridge, Westminster, Broomfield and between.. We like it less crowded, we wanted also to drive there but we don't know any neighbor

This is our first home and our price range is about 250K, for 3 bedrooms.

Want to hear anything good/bad about any area out there, and about GOOD realtor if you know any!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by one day away View Post
Well I am apologize for all the mistakes.. I'm new here in the US so my English is not so good...
glad I made you lough but I meant Broomfield of course (not Bloomfield).

The houses in Denver looked a little too old and expensive.. and we didn't really liked Stapelton, so we were thinking about going west a little bit, Wheat ridge, Westminster, Broomfield and between.. We like it less crowded, we wanted also to drive there but we don't know any neighbor

Want to hear anything good/bad about any area out there, and about GOOD realtor if you know any!
I laughed because "Bloom" is a common name, in the US (at least in NYC), for many of Jewish ethnicity; I meant no slur.

A big issue is were you will be working, so as to minimize your commute (drive to work).

You are selecting a wide range of suburbs from Broomfield to Wheat Ridge--generally the northwest suburbs. You can easily find good homes and neighborhoods in your price range in these areas. There are just too many to list.

The best resources on the web for searching for homes is to look at these websites:

Find Real Estate Listings, School and Neighborhood Information and More - Realtor.com® for very complete information from the national organization of realtors.

REcolorado.com - brought to you by Metrolist Inc. for quick information from the local group of realtors.

From these websites you can make contacts with Realtors that know the specific area you are interested in living.

Livecontent

Old 03-29-2011, 01:44 PM

16 posts, read 51,987 times
Denver is generally cheaper than the suburbs. IMO, Broomfield is the prettiest area out of the three, it just seems better maintained, cleaner. Arvada and westminster have tons of areas that have many strip malls, so that's pretty convenient. Denver would be your best bet for jewish community, i believe.

Quote:
That price can get you a really nice home in Frederick, Dacono area, possibly even Loveland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area