Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 05:42 PM

9 posts, read 49,496 times

Advertisements

What is the commute like from Boulder to Louisville at peak hours?

I have a job in Louisville, but most of the housing options for rooms/shares are in Boulder. Is there another town I should be looking at?

There aren't many rooms/shares in Louisville and i'm not a big fan of bland suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 06:26 PM

205 posts, read 502,262 times
It depends on where in Boulder and where is Louisville, but probably 10 minutes by car is a reasonable average.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:22 PM

377 posts, read 1,051,873 times
Yes, it is a very easy commute.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:46 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,376,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctenanthe View Post
What is the commute like from Boulder to Louisville at peak hours?

I have a job in Louisville, but most of the housing options for rooms/shares are in Boulder. Is there another town I should be looking at?

There aren't many rooms/shares in Louisville and i'm not a big fan of bland suburbs.
It's an easy commute, but more than 10 minutes in most cases. I live in way northwest Louisville, and it's about 10 min. from my house to Broadway and Table Mesa Dr.

Louisville is not a "bland suburb". I would suggest doint a search about Louisville on this forum, and looking at the city website, for starts.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 AM

724 posts, read 1,928,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Louisville is not a "bland suburb". I would suggest doint a search about Louisville on this forum, and looking at the city website, for starts.
I'd second that. It's a beautiful place, especially for families.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:29 PM

9 posts, read 49,496 times
I didn't intend to offend with the bland suburb comment. It wasn't directed at Louisville specifically. I visited Louisville and loved the downtown and the parks. Louisville is at the top of my list for housing if I can find a place there. I had picked up on some bland suburb sentiment in other threads about Broomfield and Superior.

Google maps estimated 20 minutes from downtown Boulder to downtown Louisville. I wanted to know if this becomes 40 minutes at rush hour, like other places I have lived.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,376,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctenanthe View Post
I didn't intend to offend with the bland suburb comment. It wasn't directed at Louisville specifically. I visited Louisville and loved the downtown and the parks. Louisville is at the top of my list for housing if I can find a place there. I had picked up on some bland suburb sentiment in other threads about Broomfield and Superior.

Google maps estimated 20 minutes from downtown Boulder to downtown Louisville. I wanted to know if this becomes 40 minutes at rush hour, like other places I have lived.
Bland is in the eye of the beholder.

20 minutes downtown to downtown sounds about right. Boulder does have some traffic issues, but I don't think it would take more than 30 minutes except under extraordinary circumstances.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 AM

95 posts, read 289,975 times
i did the commute from Lafayette to 'the hill' in boulder every day for about 3 years, took me 20 min at 8pm to get there, closer to 30 during rush hour. You can shave 10 min off that though depending on how close to the high way you need to be in Louisville. (Lafayette doesn't really have highway access to get to boulder so its A LOT slower)

Old 07-23-2011, 11:15 AM

4 posts, read 9,953 times
I live in Louisville and have a business in Boulder. Take south boulder road and it takes 5 minutes and very little traffic.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:28 PM

399 posts, read 815,275 times
I've take both Arapahoe and W. South Boulder Road from Boulder to Lafayette. I'd have to say Arapahoe is a bit worse since there's only one lane compared to W. South Boulder Road. My commutes are about 10-15 minutes during non-rush hours heading from Boulder TO Louisville. Some people in Louisville take US-36 to Boulder and vice versa. Rush hour is a horrible time to take 36, trust me. I prefer the small roads for a Boulder - Louisville or Lafayette commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area