Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:04 PM

230 posts, read 408,880 times

Advertisements

I've been posting in the Denver forum, but the reality is, my company has an office in boulder I will need to get to from time to time. We have an office in Denver, but it's not heavily populated.

I'm guessing I can't afford Boulder, from what I've heard, and I like newer homes.

Question is, are there any new subdivisions/communities within a short commute to Boulder?

Price range 200-300k, no kids in school. I like to be near ammenities such as grocery, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 05:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller91 View Post
I've been posting in the Denver forum, but the reality is, my company has an office in boulder I will need to get to from time to time. We have an office in Denver, but it's not heavily populated.

I'm guessing I can't afford Boulder, from what I've heard, and I like newer homes.

Question is, are there any new subdivisions/communities within a short commute to Boulder?

Price range 200-300k, no kids in school. I like to be near ammenities such as grocery, etc.
1. Don't assume you can't afford Boulder, though I'll say there's not a lot in your price range.

2. Louisville might work, still not much in that price range, especially at the bottom, but more than Boulder.

3. Broomfield might be a good choice, a little closer to Denver than Louisville and I believe more housing choices in your price range.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:32 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,095 times
The Cloverleaf subdivision near Airport Rd and 75th ST (btwn Longmont & Boulder) looks like it would admirably fit your bill. Also, that is an awesome location to live (next to Boulder but not in Boulder which rates very highly if you ask me, plus awesome scenery and views of Cont. Divide/Indian Peaks).

Also, you should find a bunch of new or almost new homes in that range and very nice in the Erie area. Over by 95th and Arapahoe and all around there. Ditto about "also, that is an awesome location..."

I was a mortgage originator out there, also I rode my road bike all over and around those areas and have seen a lot.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:58 AM

Thanks I'll check that out. Sounds pretty cool. I think a fall trip to the area is in my future.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 AM

So Boulder county, not Boulder city? Near the municipal airport area?

Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post
The Cloverleaf subdivision near Airport Rd and 75th ST (btwn Longmont & Boulder) looks like it would admirably fit your bill. Also, that is an awesome location to live (next to Boulder but not in Boulder which rates very highly if you ask me, plus awesome scenery and views of Cont. Divide/Indian Peaks).
Are you talking about Clover Basin in s.w. Longmont?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:03 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Are you talking about Clover Basin in s.w. Longmont?
Yup, good catch. Whoops, I meant the Clover Basin subdivision.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:29 PM

73 posts, read 190,678 times
Boulder would have some decent condo and townhome options. Louisville does have some nicer small homes from 250 to 300k and is not only a fun community but well situated between Denver and Boulder ( much closer to Boulder ) with good trails, shopping, fun restaurants in quaint downtown and RTD bus to Denver or Boulder.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 PM

Bumping this back up... we are thinking between Nashville, TN where I have an office (and a friend), and Denver area. We are planning to do a winter visit this year to test out say.. February, but I'm wondering...

My company has an office in Boulder and an office in downtown Denver. Say I wanted to live between them. I love the idea of nice views (per described above, not in Boulder but close). Would all of the same communites be accessible easily to downtown Denver... ?

Also travel quite a bit, so airport accessibility is important.

We are both very outdoorsy, biking, jogging, hiking. He's a hunter/fisherman. We like newer homes, not particularly handy. Price range 250k or so if possible.

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 AM

7 posts, read 7,773 times
Google maps is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area