U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-01-2011, 09:30 PM

328 posts, read 270,855 times
During hurricane season I'm so glad we're landlocked, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-17-2011, 10:43 AM

38 posts, read 36,176 times
Bisou....still loving it? I am curious how beautiful fall is there ...in Nashville we are still in the low to mid 80's - ugh! We decided that we are coming out to explore/research all areas including Boulder among others in Sept/October of next yr. We can't wait to see it- we really like what we have been hearing.

Unread 09-18-2011, 07:43 AM

46 posts, read 101,248 times
I can tell you I moved to Boulder 3 months ago and I am still loving it! So far fall weather has been nice. Low 50's at night and mid 60's-70's during the day. I don't notice the increased traffic with the college students back, but then again, I don't drive around the Hill too often.

We are looking forward to going to Rocky Mountain National Park next weekend to hopefully see some folliage and hear the elk rut.

Unread 09-19-2011, 09:10 AM

46 posts, read 39,668 times
Default YES!!! Still loving it!

I am truly still loving it. I don't get outside of Boulder much since I don't have a car. Even just bussing around, I still discover new things. I've met quite a few people (quite a few newbies like myself) and rarely meet a person not interested in a good chat. My kids love their schools and with all the activites available at the rec centers, I feel like we are becomming a part of a community (something I haven't felt in a while prior to our move). I still hear whispers of how snooty Boulderites can be, but I guess it can be about what you are looking for as well. It can also be we need to be here longer to run into that aspect of things. The college students don't bother me because I think they keep us all young. Lots of options to lazily spend your day outside (or not so lazily if that is your cup of tea).
I find the cooler temperatures to be a blessing (as long as we have sunshine). When I go on my strolls, many passerbyes actually go out of their way to say hi. This a very friendly place.
At almost 2 months of residence, I haven't encountered any major negatives YET (except for the almost naked guy on the bus with his patooty hanging out - got a good view and chuckle).
Bisou

Unread 09-19-2011, 04:10 PM

702 posts, read 876,699 times
*SIGH*

(for the description of the area, NOT the bus guy)

Unread 03-03-2012, 08:30 PM

46 posts, read 39,668 times
Default over 7 months now...

Still loving Boulder!
I'm surprised by:
1) the wind (don't remember reading a lot about the wind prior to coming so it came as a bit of a surprise

2) How much I love the public transportation. Don't get me wrong, I love having my own car at my disposal, but the bus system here is pretty decent. Bikers can store their bikes (never saw that before), buses on the main lines run pretty frequently, and riders are VERY polite (everyone greets and thanks the drivers upon entering and exiting the buses! LOVE THAT!).

3) How unpretencious many of the people I've met have been. I meet people all the time with advanced degrees and they neither look or act the part. Very refreshing.

4) At one point, it seemed like we were getting a snow storm once a week; people still had smiles on their faces while clomping around in their Sorell boots. The weather IS as tolerable and variable as people say and I think I like this. The sun and blue skies have made all the difference.

Bisou

Unread 03-04-2012, 03:39 AM

39 posts, read 28,938 times
Default First year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisou View Post
Still loving Boulder!
I'm surprised by:
1) the wind (don't remember reading a lot about the wind prior to coming so it came as a bit of a surprise

2) How much I love the public transportation. Don't get me wrong, I love having my own car at my disposal, but the bus system here is pretty decent. Bikers can store their bikes (never saw that before), buses on the main lines run pretty frequently, and riders are VERY polite (everyone greets and thanks the drivers upon entering and exiting the buses! LOVE THAT!).

3) How unpretencious many of the people I've met have been. I meet people all the time with advanced degrees and they neither look or act the part. Very refreshing.

4) At one point, it seemed like we were getting a snow storm once a week; people still had smiles on their faces while clomping around in their Sorell boots. The weather IS as tolerable and variable as people say and I think I like this. The sun and blue skies have made all the difference.

Bisou
My honey and I moved here a year ago. My honey was born and raised here until he was 10. He always wanted to come back. I however, was born in the spring of my 57th yr coming home to a place I'd never been before (Like the JD song). LOVE IT! all year round we so love it here. We moved from Seattle where it rains 9 months of the year. We left our kids and grandkids up there and I have had real ups and downs missing them. But as far as Boulder this place is everything you're saying here. By the way if you get on a HOP bus and see Charles is driving you he's my honey. He sure loves that job, he drives round and round all day in the city he just loves, meeting all the Happy Boulderites. Did you know Boulder was named #1. Happiest City? It's really true.

Unread 03-05-2012, 01:57 PM

31 posts, read 24,468 times
We moved here in October due to a job transfer and still feel very fortunate that we were able to do so. I LOVE the lack of humidity, the abundant sunshine and the fact I can hit the local hiking trails in just a few minutes, or be at the entrance to RMNP in 45 to 60 minutes -- depending on how many scared mountain drivers I get stuck behind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area