U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-02-2011, 06:28 PM

714 posts, read 1,027,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Please, talk powder to us. . .
Yeah, I live to live vicariously! Plus we'll be visiting there right after Xmas.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:46 PM

453 posts, read 511,294 times
Hmm, lucky you, Neditate. One day I will retire or just quit my job and then every day will be a skiing day (if there is snow on the ground, of course).

I can tell you about my epic commute to work yesterday. Woke up at 6:45 and realized I'm late for my usual 7:27 HX from Superior. Then looked out the window and realized I'm REALLY late for that one and probably, two others, will be lucky to make the last one at 8:18.
Drove there - took me 40 minutes instead of the usual 20. Came to the bus stop at 8:23 and saw people who looked more like icicles. Pretty soon it became clear there hadn't been a 8:18 HX. Or the one before that. Heck, people here hadn't seen a bus for at least 20 minutes. I stood there, checking my work email, for 30 minutes. Someone came up with an idea that the buses were actually backed up from the westbound 36 - it was a parking lot. When I realized how long it takes to get to Boulder from Louisville on a 36 that moves at 5 miles an hour, then get back, I said "screw it", called my boss and went home. Wished I'd stayed home to begin with and gotten some work done instead of standing at the bus stop and driving around Boulder county - it took me 45 minutes to get back, I had to take some weird routes to avoid traffic, and was not very successful with that.
On top of it, Thursday was a crazy day at work. Went to Boulder High showcase at 6 with my 8th grader (good luck finding parking), came home, worked until 10, went to bed. Woke up at 5 am today to take the 8th grader to a swim meet in Denver. Took light rail to work from there - fun! Was glad I didn't have to park in downtown Denver.
Will have more of the same fun (getting up at 5am, taking him to Denver) both Saturday and Sunday. Don't sign up your kids for competitive swimming if you are not a morning person!
But... it's only two weeks left till Christmas break for kids - and then, Eldora, here I come! Got my younger one a pair of great, almost new boots, for $12! (Boulder Sports Recycler :: Used Bikes, Skis, Snowboards, Climbing and Camping Gear Consignment Shop)

I will stop ranting and mumbling, and go to bed now!

Old 12-03-2011, 10:49 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,548,425 times
Ohio - sorry to hear about your terrible epic commute! (I remember a few of those back in the 80s when I lived in Boulder and worked in Denver.)
Sounds like a crazy day all around.

We have 9.5" of fresh this morning. It looks like a winter wonderland. It's still snowing lightly but seems to be tapering off. This is quite a difference from last year when most of the snow fell west of the Peak to Peak. Last December we received a total of 12.5" and already this month we've received close to 2 feet!
Conditions at Eldora were good yesterday but there was no powder to ski, only to look at. It was in the trees and trails that were roped off. There wasn't much terrain open and what was open was groomed. Still, a gorgeous day - cannot complain. Their website reported 6" as of 8 am and it looks like it's still snowing there. I can't tell if they've opened more terrain. I heard someone say yesterday that they were going to for the weekend.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:41 AM

49 posts, read 113,069 times
Ohio to Co- Thanks so much for posting that sports recycling shop! I have so much used ski and snowboard gear from my kids outgrowing it. I was just looking at my packed garage the other day thinking I really had to get on the ball with listing it on ebay or craigslist. This seems so much easier.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:54 AM

It snowed another 6.5" up here yesterday. That makes 32" in 4 days. It's bitterly cold (-7) but at least the sun is shining!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 AM

Old 12-22-2011, 10:19 AM

Close to 2 feet of snow at our house this morning... and it's still coming down!
Eldora reported 14" as of 7:30. Let it snow!
Merry White Christmas! ho ho ho

Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 AM

3,027 posts, read 4,997,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
Close to 2 feet of snow at our house this morning... and it's still coming down!
Very jealous! We've been bone dry for almost 6 weeks here in Bend, OR. Really wishing I was able to make it out to Colorado for Christmas this year. I want to ski some powder! Enjoy!

Old 12-22-2011, 12:34 PM

453 posts, read 511,294 times
Quote:

Next couple of days should be epic at Eldora. And both my husband and I are on vacation, so we are sooooo going! We went 10 days ago, and it was fun, but the snow could've been better. I'm sure it will be this time around.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM

714 posts, read 1,027,589 times
Quote:
I was watching the news about the snow. Yay! We're going to be in Breck next week, looks like they got less. But we'll revel in whatever snow is there - can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area