Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:17 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, come on! Boulder is part of the CSA, yes it is. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Confederate States of America. Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, aren't you funny? Combined Statistical Area.
C'mon guys. We're talking about Boulder - for sure Boulder's part of the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA):
Quote:
For over 25 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 AM

670 posts, read 1,172,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I think most would agree, Boulder is really a suburb of Denver and certainly not a city by any stretch.
Most would disagree. Boulder is not a "suburb" of Denver.
Why do you keep hijacking other's threads?
Looks like you've been on the forums for a while. Are you simply unable to observe forum etiquette?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:35 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I think most would agree, Boulder is really a suburb of Denver and certainly not a city by any stretch.
Ummm.

Boulder became an unincorporated village in 1858. And incorporated in 1871. I'd have to look it up but I think it's a fair bet they've been around longer than possibly all the other Denver suburbs, be it Littleton, Arvada, Northglenn, etc., etc. It is not a suburb.

IIRC the university was established in 1876, the same year Colorado became a state.

Back to topic, my main issue with Boulder, in regards to weather isn't the snow but the wind, particularly in February and March.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,688,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
Most would disagree. Boulder is not a "suburb" of Denver.
Why do you keep hijacking other's threads?
Looks like you've been on the forums for a while. Are you simply unable to observe forum etiquette?
Well, I agree with you that Boulder is not a suburb of Denver. I grew up in Denver, and whenever we went to Boulder, we most definitely were going to another city.

However, I don't think h_curtis was hijacking this thread. His original comment stated, "Why doesn't anyone ever recommend Gunbarrel? Is it too small and not a good area?" It's directly related to the thread. And, actually, according to forum rules, adding to threads is recommend rather than opening new threads for every little thing. I'm just not sure why you feel this thread was hijacked?

Old 07-05-2013, 01:22 PM

670 posts, read 1,172,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug4 View Post
I am so sorry if this has been asked before. I tried to do a search and it came up with every other area in the U.S.
My family and I are moving to the Boulder area from San Diego. Rents that I have seen seem to be just as high as San Diego. My question is: do rents in the Boulder area (Longmont, Niwot, etc.) go down in the winter months? We would consider waiting until November etc to move if so.
Thank you!
Because that ^ is the original post.
h_curtis has his own threads, he can add to them by asking questions and making statements. Whether or not he thinks Boulder is a suburb is not relevant to rent in the Boulder area. It's off topic. A thread hijacking occurs when one or more individuals commenting on the original posting go off topic, creating a separate conversation. It is rude.
And now this has strayed off topic as well - sorry junebug!

Old 07-05-2013, 01:24 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Okay...so getting back on track....

IMO it's always a good time to move to Boulder....if I had the money....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
C'mon guys. We're talking about Boulder - for sure Boulder's part of the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA):
You're right, suzco. I just brought up the other CSA b/c h_curtis' home forum is Pittsburgh, where they are all the time talking about metro populations and complaining that their city can't annex property like "all" western cities do. I remind them of the Poundstone Amendment at every such post I see, but some still don't get it.

Anyway, there is no direct equivalent to Boulder in Pittsburgh. In other words, there is no city of ~100,000 people with a major university 30 miles away. In fact, 30 miles from Pittsburgh gets one into some pretty rural areas.

IMO, Boulder both is and isn't a suburb of Denver. 33 years ago, when we moved here, it definitely was not a suburb. With the development of the US 36 corridor, there is a lot more back and forth between the two than in 1980. Still, even today, most people who live in Boulder County work in Boulder County. (I saw this figure someplace at one time, can't find it now.) A lot of them work in Boulder.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:09 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,688,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
Because that ^ is the original post.
h_curtis has his own threads, he can add to them by asking questions and making statements. Whether or not he thinks Boulder is a suburb is not relevant to rent in the Boulder area. It's off topic. A thread hijacking occurs when one or more individuals commenting on the original posting go off topic, creating a separate conversation. It is rude.
And now this has strayed off topic as well - sorry junebug!
Oh gheesh, is asking why no one recommends Gunbarrel really off topic, considering the OP asked about areas outside of Boulder proper to live because of the high price of rent in Boulder? I don't think so....

To me, it would seem Gunbarrel might be a suburb of Boulder. I'm not familiar with rents in that area, as it's been a long time since I lived that way, but would certainly be worthy of considering if the OP's desire is to be within commuting distance to Boulder proper. As others have suggested, a search of Gunbarrel might bring up some dedicated threads.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:10 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,270 times
Boulder a suburb of Denver? That's a good one. You quirky Pittsburgh peeps make me chuckle.

Lots of solid points made in this thread ... Hipchick, suzco and dave +1 but gotta spread some around first.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 PM

14 posts, read 24,658 times
Can someone tell me what it means to "winterize" my car. I have been in California and Arizona my whole life so I have no clue... (uh-oh)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area