Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 10:56 AM

25 posts, read 59,856 times

Advertisements

Any comment about the builder Markel Homes. Any comments on the Yeager Farms development in Longmont.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 06:00 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,053,725 times
Yeager Farms is a small infill development of Henry Walker homes. They have one model. It is very nice but not something I would choose for Sr. living as the doorways are remarkably narrow. More so than ordinary doors. Nothing remarkable about the neighborhood. Surrounded by homes. Pretty neighborhood. Good if you work in Longmont and want a new home. Not the type of place I would envision someone moving from out of state for. I think if you visit it on your trip you will be disappointed.

Not familiar with Markel Homes but I see they build in Prospect New Town. I do not believe they currently have a presence in Yeager Farms although they may be taking over some of the lots. Prospect New Town is worth a visit on your trip. Very cool neighborhood. I'm very partial to Longmont's Main Street which is just down the road. It has lots of independent restaurants which means they know their ingredients so I have many choices for a gluten free meal.

Another neighborhood you might be interested in is in Lafayette. Their Patio Villas are to die for. They are paired homes. Each has no steps at all. Ramps to all the entries. The floor plans are the best I've seen in a while. Nice wide doors. Things like laundry right off the master closet. Pantry and kitchen right as you come in from the garage.

Below is a link to the neighborhood. The Patio Villas are all sold out except one model home. However they said they will be building these floor plans (there are 6) in a number of other neighborhoods in the metro area. You can explore their main website to see the floor plans because they don't have them listed on the Lafayette location web site any more. They have two models at the one in Lafayette which are worth a stop to see as the other locations I don't believe have the models yet.
Barcelona Patio Home Floor Plan in Lafayette, CO | Ryland Homes
This web site only has the Barcelona floor plan because that is all that is left and it is a model home.

They also have single family homes which appear to be very nice also. This location is walking distance to a Natural Grocers store and a Sprouts. Also Lafayette's historic main street which isn't quite as redeveloped as Louisville or Longmont but is more up and coming. It has some restaurants, shops, garden center etc.

These patio villas are exactly the type of homes I think should be appearing in the 55+ communities. The two models were the Stockholm and the Barcelona. Both were to die for. On the web site I really like the Athens and Dublin but since they are not models I haven't seen them in person. Although truth be told I like all of them and would have no problem buying both the Stockholm and Barcelona.

Here is a link to all the floor plans. I wouldn't choose this location because of Rocky Flats but the sales lady said they are building these in Castle Rock, Westminster and a number of other places.
http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-...io-villas.html

Last edited by mic111; 07-27-2014 at 06:12 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 10:29 AM

25 posts, read 59,856 times
mic111, thanks for your info which is always very helpful. We are open to looking a all developments not just 55+ communities. Plan to checkout Denver to Fort Collins area, having a backyard is key because of two active golden retrievers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area