Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 12:16 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times

Advertisements

.Laguna Beach wins easily Imo but hey it's only twice as expensive as Boulder. It's a shame trying to head out 133 these days though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 08:29 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
Pretty strange comparison thread..not entirely sure it wasn't actually started by an ex girlfriend...funny thing being I talked about this whole Laguna vs. Boulder right before this thread appeared with a supposed one hit wonder OP.. In some ways it is almost like cough, cough, someone I know started this thread.
As to the subject at hand? As a former long term native Boulderite.the choice is still crystal clear for me between the two..Laguna wins hands down( amazing ocean and foothills and the best weather in the entire US,.) This.coming from someone who has hiked every square mile of Boulder on levels personified by few. Personally love Boulder and lived there more than any where else in my soon to be 48 years..There is Boulder than there is Colorado ...there is.Southern California than there is Laguna Beach...

Last edited by Scott5280; 01-07-2015 at 08:54 PM..

Old 01-19-2015, 11:24 AM

724 posts, read 1,933,875 times
Been to both, Laguna is great if you're extremely rich. That being said, having made the move out here, I still love it here more than the beautiful beach views in Laguna. Good thing you have a job to come to, I've been here over a year and still cannot find a stable, good-paying job. I'm forced to look outside the state for work, which is horrible.

Tell us how you did!

Old 01-22-2015, 01:30 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
.Laguna Beach wins easily Imo but hey it's only twice as expensive as Boulder. It's a shame trying to head out 133 these days though.
Why in God's name would you want to do that? Sunny beaches to... trapped in the mountains? Look, if you car starts falling apart on a mountain you'll be in a bad place. Mountains are great to hike, not so much to be trapped near.

If you want a cheaper rural setting with less expense, try this instead. Move to Northern California. Specifically near their Redwood Forests and farmland. Even if you want to live in the city, rent is 40% cheaper in Sacramento than in LA.

Cost of Living Comparison Between Los Angeles, CA, United States And Sacramento, CA, United States

Plus, I tried this on Boulder.

Quote:
You would need around 4,294.66$ in Los Angeles, CA to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 4,500.00$ in Boulder, CO
Flatlands versus having to drive through crazy roads in the snow... I was stuck near Wyoming in a fall blizzard, never want to do that again.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 01-22-2015 at 01:43 AM..

Old 01-22-2015, 10:51 AM

936 posts, read 2,068,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Why in God's name would you want to do that? Sunny beaches to... trapped in the mountains? Look, if you car starts falling apart on a mountain you'll be in a bad place. Mountains are great to hike, not so much to be trapped near.

If you want a cheaper rural setting with less expense, try this instead. Move to Northern California. Specifically near their Redwood Forests and farmland. Even if you want to live in the city, rent is 40% cheaper in Sacramento than in LA.

Cost of Living Comparison Between Los Angeles, CA, United States And Sacramento, CA, United States

Flatlands versus having to drive through crazy roads in the snow... I was stuck near Wyoming in a fall blizzard, never want to do that again.
Boulder isn't even in the mountains ya big dummyhead

Old 01-23-2015, 12:29 AM

137 posts, read 144,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

lol at being "trapped" in the "mountains."

What is this, 1845?

"call Augustus and tell him to bring his best horse. Winter is coming and we're out of water!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area